New blazer vs Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t laugh, but if I don’t get a LS custom edition I’m going to look at Honda passport. Guaranteed better reliability than a gm product.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At what point (mileage) do they wear out? Generally speaking.
The bearings on my 2001 impala ls lasted 36k miles (a well known problem with cop impalas as well). On my 2014 Srx 44k Miles and I think one of the rears is going out. I also had to have the axles tightened at 35k miles. I’ve had 3 rwd Srx’s zero bearing problems and 2 older Tahoe’s and zero bearing problems after 125k and 144k Miles.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t laugh, but if I don’t get a LS custom edition I’m going to look at Honda passport. Guaranteed better reliability than a gm product.

I wouldn't laugh at your decision to purchase a Honda Passport, Honda's can be great vehicles. What is laughable and puzzling is that if you don't get a V8 powered solid axle Full Size SUV you'd then go buy a V6 crossover? If that's the case why not be looking at the Equinox, New Blazer, and/or the Traverse. Those vehicles in the Chevrolet line-up would be more comparable to a Honda Passport...

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out the latest Tahoe at the Daytona 24 hr race.... Uh, $78,000... Ouch.

On another note..... I noticed Dodge's new grill design..... IMO, it looks like what a GMC grill should have looked like.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you comparing a midsize FWD crossover to a full size rwd suv? Its nothing like a Tahoe or Yukon, this is the new model acadia/enclave with a new name. You were reaching WAAAYYY too far with this thread. The blazer is the same size as the 2002-2008 trailblazer. Its only got two rows of seating. You are comparing the size of a trailblazer to a Tahoe/Yukon. With the capabilities and mechanics of a car compared to a truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a comparison. I said from the beginning, it’s a downgrade. I wondering if it’s a worthwhile downgrade

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday morning, it was 1 degree. Friday, freezing rain on cold ground and slicker than snot. Sunday, nearly 70's degrees and I'm driving with the windows down looking for a newer vehicle. As I was leaving the Chevy dealer, I saw what looked like an odd Equinox. Then I noticed the "BLAZER" on the door. Like another poster said, it looks like a Hyundai. Another board I'm a member on had the same response. It looks like a Hyundai. Sad when GM starts to look like the competition. When I was a kid, there was NO mistaking a Chevrolet for another car. Not even another GM car.

My Escalade works great off road. I have a tree farm and the granite outcrops really mess with 4WD vehicles. The wheel base on mine is just right and the weight helps grab where a lighter rig slips.

I look at the Blazer though and can only think, "What's the point?".

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a comparison. I said from the beginning, it’s a downgrade. I wondering if it’s a worthwhile downgrade
No, you said that after you were called out on it. You were trying to compare a 7 seater SUV pickup to a car with an upright seating position. Its not even reasonable to compare the new blazer to the old one, unless you're pointing out how different they are. You would have been about as accurate as comparing it to a motorcycle or a honda civic. Is it worth while to downgrade to a bicycle? Gas money is at least one positive. This is all relative, and in no way is it focused or equal.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys. The new Blazer is not aimed at us in the market. It is for the Milennials and others like the Gen Z age group. It is almost as wide as the Traverse and barely longer than the Equinox. It is designed to be more sporty then utility and just plays on the Blazer name to get some kind of recognition within that specific market. The performance comes only in the RS model, with the 308 HP V6, special shocks, etc., and a $45K plus price tag. The AWD system can lock out the rear diff for gas mileage. But they are definitely not for most of us.

And, by the way, we put 95,000 plus miles on our 1985 V6 Celebrity and never had a single issue with the front drive line. Then we gave it to our daughter for her first vehicle. We had to put three sets of front shafts/knuckles/joints in it over the next 10,000 miles because she accelerated so hard through corners that she kept blowing them out. Stuff lasts longer when you drive it properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645