New blazer vs Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody look at the new blazer as a replacement for the Tahoe? Yesterday I looked at 2019 Silverados. If they are the new style replacements and that’s what the 2020 Tahoe will have, they look similar on the inside. The new blazer has some nice tech features that I assume will carry into the next Tahoe but the appearance of the Silverado looks similar to the present Tahoe, the blazer looks and acts differently.
The blazer is a few inches shorter, narrower and not quite as long. The rs is nice to drive with good pick up and steering. If the present Tahoe had the 6.2 and 10 speed as a regular option I’d be gtg.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with blazer is it's lack of size. It's essentially a crossover and most people who drive full size suvs need the space. So IMO a blazer vs tahoe comparison isn't apples to apples.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not thinking apples to apples. It’s without a doubt downsizing. But the if the 19 Silverado is a representation of the 20 Tahoe, it’s not going to be too exciting. The blazer is offering something different and a little more exciting

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not thinking apples to apples. It’s without a doubt downsizing. But the if the 19 Silverado is a representation of the 20 Tahoe, it’s not going to be too exciting. The blazer is offering something different and a little more exciting
I did read that the Blazer is getting the 305 hp V6 which sounds pretty fun. Not sure if that's standard or optional equipment, but intriguing nonetheless.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't get onboard with the looks of the Blazer. It looks like a Hyndaii. I wish they would have taken the route that Ford did with the Bronco and introduced a little bit of "retro" styling into it.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
GM really did their best to tarnish the Blazer nameplate here: an I4/V6 crossover on an FWD platform with zero offroad capability. Yeah it'll sell well I'm sure, but what a slap in the face to everyone that's owned or wanted to own a K5. Even the S-10 Blazer was a more capable and less offensive offering.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM really did their best to tarnish the Blazer nameplate here: an I4/V6 crossover on an FWD platform with zero offroad capability. Yeah it'll sell well I'm sure, but what a slap in the face to everyone that's owned or wanted to own a K5. Even the S-10 Blazer was a more capable and less offensive offering.
they tarnished the K5 blazer as soon as they used that name on the S-10 platform (the 95+ blazers were very poor quality IMO) and then for sure when they built the trailblazer. The blazer name hasn't had much clout in decades

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have to take the vehicles for what they are or were. The k5 was replaced by the Tahoe. It wasn’t as off road capable as the blazer but how many people used them for tough off roading. The wrangler took that lead. The s10 blazer and trailblazers were pretty good for what they were. “Mini Tahoe’s”. The new blazer, I drove a v6 awd tracked nicely and had 50 less hp than the Tahoe. She flew. My first impression was that it would make a good police car. ( better than the explorer). I think Chevy will have a winner here. It will appeal to a larger cross section of people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout