New Aftermarket Radio not Producing sound..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Fisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've just recently started trying to install my aftermarket head unit on my 2011 Tahoe. I bought the Scosche steering wheel control retaining harness and after installing it I'm getting no sound. I have installed speakers and systems a few times in the past with no issues so I know the basics.
To me, it almost seems as if the way my vehicles factory harness is wired is different from what it's supposed to be. For example, yellow wire should be like back left negative, and brown should be back left positive, but they are both on two separate harnesses. (The two factory harnesses behind the head unit.)
It just seems like the wires/pins aren't actually matching up to the correct corresponding wire on the factory harness end. As if I need to repin it so that the wires actually matchup correctly..? I don't know at this point.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Lots of knowledgeable folks here who will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions.

While I have successfully used Scosche products in other applications with no issues, I have not a Scosche product for this specific application.

I would not think that you would need to rewire any pin connectors, if you purchased the correct interconnection devices. First, I would reconfirm that you have the correct interconnection device for your specific year/model/trim truck.

When you say no sound, do you mean that the new head unit is on (lights/buttons/etc functioning), and there is just no sound coming out of any speakers?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you may have purchased the wrong adapter everything should match up from the adapter to the factory wires, also if you have bose the adapter has to retain bose the bose amp is digital and requires a digital signal from the adapter or it will not turn on.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Scosche GW3000SW without any issues in my 2010 Tahoe without Bose. Pretty easy to wire up with a Sony radio!

OP
OP
M

Michael Fisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Lots of knowledgeable folks here who will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions.

While I have successfully used Scosche products in other applications with no issues, I have not a Scosche product for this specific application.

I would not think that you would need to rewire any pin connectors, if you purchased the correct interconnection devices. First, I would reconfirm that you have the correct interconnection device for your specific year/model/trim truck.

When you say no sound, do you mean that the new head unit is on (lights/buttons/etc functioning), and there is just no sound coming out of any speakers?

Thanks! I wouldn't think I would need to rewire any pin connectors either but they just simply don't look like they match up properly. The connector does say it's specifically for my vehicle. Yes, the unit turns on and functions, I go to play music and just don't hear it.

OP
OP
M

Michael Fisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like you may have purchased the wrong adapter everything should match up from the adapter to the factory wires, also if you have bose the adapter has to retain bose the bose amp is digital and requires a digital signal from the adapter or it will not turn on.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just going to buy a different one from a different company if possible. I need something I can simply plug in and it work. I don't want to rewire any pin connectors if it's avoidable.
Although the adapter/connector I bought says it's specifically for my vehicle.

OP
OP
M

Michael Fisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used the Scosche GW3000SW without any issues in my 2010 Tahoe without Bose. Pretty easy to wire up with a Sony radio!
I'm not too sure at this point what the issue could be. Maybe it was just not compatible with the aftermarket head unit I was trying to use..?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not too sure at this point what the issue could be. Maybe it was just not compatible with the aftermarket head unit I was trying to use..?
Could be possible that the wrong connector is in the package. All you do is match up colors, nothing to really mess up--if you're just wiring in a new HU.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Did the Tahoe have a stereo in it that you removed to install your new one?

If so, did the old HU produce sound?

If not have you checked the speakers to make sure they are good?

Does your truck have the Bose system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01