New 23 Tahoe here...Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrhp

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in. Got a 23 Tahoe last week and can’t stand the tires. 275 50 22 alenzas! What other size will fit a stock Tahoe with factory 22 inch wheels.Don’t want to trim or rub. It is the rst and conventional coil spring suspension. Pictures would also be great Thanks!

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Alenza tires really do suck, I would just buy some better tires, a lot of people like the michelin's. I run Nitto's on my SUV's, check around the forums for tires and I'm sure you find some concensus,

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
It’s a 23 all right. I’ll get pics tomorrow. It’s dark 30 out now.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
I have seen some 305 45 22 tires on factory wheels, but do not know if they have any rubbing issues or not. I like it that they would be a bit taller and wider than the factory size, but don’t want any issues along the way. The upper control arm and knuckle are awfully close to the tire. I would feel better with some first hand experience with this size of tire.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in. Got a 23 Tahoe last week and can’t stand the tires. 275 50 22 alenzas! What other size will fit a stock Tahoe with factory 22 inch wheels.Don’t want to trim or rub. It is the rst and conventional coil spring suspension. Pictures would also be great Thanks!
What do you dislike about the tires? Just curious. I’ve driven a lot of cars and never particularly hated the tires.. maybe something in just not understanding

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you dislike about the tires? Just curious. I’ve driven a lot of cars and never particularly hated the tires.. maybe something in just not understanding
Try driving on an interstate in the rain in these and report back....Zero confidence....
I actually will change my travel plans if I see decent rain forecasted on my trip....

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try driving on an interstate in the rain in these and report back....Zero confidence....
I actually will change my travel plans if I see decent rain forecasted on my trip....
I’m not gonna buy a set just to test this lol but I get what you’re saying

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Looks for one, and I can tell by the tread the winter traction will be poor. I am looking for an aggressive all terrain tire. I am not a fan of being stuck in 3 feet of snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518