New 23 Tahoe here...Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Hey man, im in the same boat as you were, new 23 with the Bridgestones. What brand/tire size did you go with and how do you like them? Any issue with rubbing or gas milage?

Thanks in advance,
V/r Jason
305 45 22 toyo open country. Yes I like them, and I recommend it.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Hey man, im in the same boat as you were, new 23 with the Bridgestones. What brand/tire size did you go with and how do you like them? Any issue with rubbing or gas milage?

Thanks in advance,
V/r Jason
305 45 22 toyo open country. Yes I like them, and I recommend it.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Just drove the Toyos on my Tahoe in snow and ice, they did well. Drove my buddies Tahoe with the Alenzas, not worth a shit.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
9700 miles on the Tahoe. Tires are great, nice and quiet, and no rub ever. Just got back from Florida, and all went well except it stalled at a yield while I was going 5-10 mph. It shifted into neutral and the dash said to push the start button. I coasted off to the side of the road, put it in park and restarted it. Never happened again on the trip. Half tank of fuel, and was up to temp. A bit nervous about it happening again.

taylormade73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
9700 miles on the Tahoe. Tires are great, nice and quiet, and no rub ever. Just got back from Florida, and all went well except it stalled at a yield while I was going 5-10 mph. It shifted into neutral and the dash said to push the start button. I coasted off to the side of the road, put it in park and restarted it. Never happened again on the trip. Half tank of fuel, and was up to temp. A bit nervous about it happening again.
You over on WTJF too?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks for one, and I can tell by the tread the winter traction will be poor. I am looking for an aggressive all terrain tire. I am not a fan of being stuck in 3 feet of snow.
If you are looking to survive winter, get some snow tires. I just put Blizzaks on a set of Sierra 20” takeoffs, and this beast is awesome in the snow and ice now.

And, yes, the stock Alenza AS02 tires are awful in the snow, and marginal in the wet.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
If you are looking to survive winter, get some snow tires. I just put Blizzaks on a set of Sierra 20” takeoffs, and this beast is awesome in the snow and ice now.

And, yes, the stock Alenza AS02 tires are awful in the snow, and marginal in the wet.
Toyo at III I have are great so far in ice,slush, and snow. No regrets at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo