New 23 Tahoe here...Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I don't think that you will be able to go BOTH taller and wider without lifting the truck's suspension. As stated above, you could go with a 305/45/22, which would be wider, but staying approximately the same to total tire height. You 'might' be able to go with a 275/60x22, which would keep the width the same but a higher total tire height.

I'm not sure that any tire will get you through 3 feet of snow, but I can tell you that the Michelin Defender tire gets me through anything that the NH weather can throw at me. But, if it is the aggressive tire look that you are looking for, lots of folks on this Forum run all terrain tires and they will chime in.

Punteh

Reaction score
Looks for one, and I can tell by the tread the winter traction will be poor. I am looking for an aggressive all terrain tire. I am not a fan of being stuck in 3 feet of snow.
Have you looked into Nitto Ridge Grapplers? I've seen lots of Yukons with them in 285/50/22, so slightly wider and taller. I don't know if they rub or not but there are people on here who have them on stock 22" wheels

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Have you looked into Nitto Ridge Grapplers? I've seen lots of Yukons with them in 285/50/22, so slightly wider and taller. I don't know if they rub or not but there are people on here who have them on stock 22" wheels
Those seem to be a 10 ply tire, and I am concerned about a harsh ride. They are also quite a bit heavier. not sure that would be a big deal.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my eyes on a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S, ran them on my 2013 Suburban for 70k miles, loved them...
If they ever get around to making the right size, the Michelin LTX AT/2 is one I ran on my 2004 suburban and really liked...a bit more aggressive than the LTX M/S, but slightly lounder...not bad though.

Agree the Alenza AS/02 are horrible.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
I would really love to find an alternate size that does not rub. Anybody here have any first hand experience with the factory 22 inch wheels and different rubber? Pictures coming tonite. It is black,black leather interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic