Negative shut off switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to go with the ignition shut off switch. I'll mount it under the steering column and behind the dash so it can't be seen. I will post pics when I'm done. It's 5 degrees in Nebraska right now and I can't fit the hoe in my tiny garage, so it will be a couple days. I can't wait to start working on this truck. Damn these winters!
I am also very interested in this. please post pics and details of your install

Sean James

Reaction score
OH MY GOD! Dumb as a box 'O rocks. You are moving right? I had to also, for exactly the same reasons you are, but that was 20 years ago. Ass-wipes stole two of my cars, two months later broke into my house and took my dvd player and all my **** videos, but didn't get my guns because they were too skinny to lift my safe. Then shot and killed two *****'s in front of me and my girl in front of a dougnut shop one night...nice neighborhood right. Well, I did just what you are hopefully going to do, get the F out!

Southern CA was a nice place to live at one time in the old days, but I moved to a rural State with no crime, and where everyone has a pistol glued to their hip, it's awesome. Everyone is so polite when they are all armed!

O.K. to help a brother out. You must be careful about how you wire your switch. If you do it wrong, you can screw up your "computer". Kinda like posting naked pic's of you and your boyfriend on Facegram or whatever you young bucks are posting on nowadays.

Many are right on this forum, if you are wiling to listen and learn. You can't just cut off your Ignition, ABS. or Tinted windows, you will diss a computer module somwhere, throw a code, light up the dash, or OnStar will start to track your every move and report it to the NSA.

So. Find the fuse to your fuel pump as others have said. Use a blown fuse to wedge a wire from the fuseblock to a stupid autozone toggle switch, to an inline unblown fuse of the same amperage from the same stupid autozone, and plug/wedge the other end of the wire with the blown fuse back into the fuseblock. You can use the same torch that the last theif left for his crackpipe to solder the wires, or just use twisties. If you can't figure out how to blow a 10 amp fuse, and wire another one in series I cant help you.

Do not use any circut that has to to with ignition, ABS, traction control, or avionics. And move your ass to a small town in "Rural America", unless you can't get a job there. I get that, but horses, snow, and country girls (or guys, if your into that) are just as much fun as watching an episode of "cops" from your front window.

Good luck Brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks