2023 Suburban - Interior Alarm/Siren Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help. 2023 Suburban with about 4,000 miles (RST trim). No issues to date but this morning my wife started it up and the second she put it in reverse and started backing out of the garage, a siren started sounding but only inside. No horn or blinking lights, nothing in the display...just the alarm sound coming from the speakers inside. When she would stop and put it in park, it would stop. I had her shut it off and lock/unlock the doors. As she was getting ready to back out, she said it sounded like it was going to do it again but I called at that exact moment (I was in the house on a work call) and everything worked fine after that.

Any ideas on what it could have been or what I should do (I'm thinking I'll probably disconnect the battery for a bit when she gets home tonight just to reset everything.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
Could it have something to do with the parking sensors or rear approaching side traffic sensor? That's the only sound I've ever heard coming from the interior speakers.

OP
OP
K

kevshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought about that and the sensor usually does sound when we are backing out, but this sound was something completely different. Almost sounded like a car alarm from back in the 90's but coming out from the speakers (I wasn't there but could hear it from a camera I have in the garage). It would 'sound' for about 3 seconds, pause for 3 seconds and then sound for 3 seconds over and over until she put it in park.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone recorded something similar, is this the sound?

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there any message or warning showing in the driver info screen during this sound?

OP
OP
K

kevshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sound is damn close to what it was. It's been a while but it wasn't a normal "gm" sound. Nothing was shown in the driver info screen while it was happening. Heading out to go through the Suburban with a fine tooth comb to see if there is some ******** going on that I'm not aware of.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Need some help. 2023 Suburban with about 4,000 miles (RST trim). No issues to date but this morning my wife started it up and the second she put it in reverse and started backing out of the garage, a siren started sounding but only inside. No horn or blinking lights, nothing in the display...just the alarm sound coming from the speakers inside. When she would stop and put it in park, it would stop. I had her shut it off and lock/unlock the doors. As she was getting ready to back out, she said it sounded like it was going to do it again but I called at that exact moment (I was in the house on a work call) and everything worked fine after that.

Any ideas on what it could have been or what I should do (I'm thinking I'll probably disconnect the battery for a bit when she gets home tonight just to reset everything.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/266536-24-1500-with-a-alarmalert-sound-help-identifying/

Sounds just like your sound, hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019