Need too Auto ride delete Easiest most thorough way? Jump wires on bcm thread ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have auto ride Tahoe 2001 LT “
I absolutely do not want or need it. I have plans to lower or lift the suv.And I don’t want that system. These shocks are old original and really worn and I don’t even suspect the autoride operates. I Want to swap to conventional shocks. What I don’t want is any funny check engine lights or drive ability issues ,Or anything getting in the way of properly lowering or lifting this.
I am doing coilover swap torsion delete .
I read about pulling a fuse that operates the pump but that’s kind of half the battle.
There was mention somewhere here or a write up on jumping some bcm wires that totally eliminates autoride which was posted on a GM Bulletin . This way I can pull the compressor off the frame rail and zip tied up the harness and remove the fuse and be throughly done.
If anyone knows about this bcm method mentioned let me know where the write up is .

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have auto ride Tahoe 2001 LT “
I absolutely do not want or need it. I have plans to lower or lift the suv.And I don’t want that system. These shocks are old original and really worn and I don’t even suspect the autoride operates. I Want to swap to conventional shocks. What I don’t want is any funny check engine lights or drive ability issues ,Or anything getting in the way of properly lowering or lifting this.
I am doing coilover swap torsion delete .
I read about pulling a fuse that operates the pump but that’s kind of half the battle.
There was mention somewhere here or a write up on jumping some bcm wires that totally eliminates autoride which was posted on a GM Bulletin . This way I can pull the compressor off the frame rail and zip tied up the harness and remove the fuse and be throughly done.
If anyone knows about this bcm method mentioned let me know where the write up is .
Just to be clear, AutoRide and AutoLevel are two different systems.

AutoRide adjusts the dampening of the shocks.

AutoLevel inflates/deflates the airbag on the rear shock to keep the vehicle level.

I believe there are a variety of options for spoofing either/both systems with resistor packs to keep you error code free without messing with the BCM.

OP
OP
Aaron81

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand that there was a write up about avoiding the hassle of using resistors and just jumping wires on bcm. So what is the actual best way . I’ve even heard of people saying just the fuse alone works and there is no ill effect as long as you pull it with the battery disconnected first . What’s the worst case if you don’t add resistors I don’t even understand where how that write up itself is posted ?
All I want is to add standard shocks and lower the truck

BoatyMcBoatface

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 with just magnaride not compressor. I pulled fuse , removed negative for 5 min (not sure if the time matters) and reconnected. Leave the fuse out and replaced all shocks with KYB monomax's. Rides like a dream an no service light. The fuse trick may work if its not the load leveling ride. Just remove the fuse and try it. The funny thing is the fuse is not marked. Its a 20amp in the fuse box, the only one that is not called out in the manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
318dukedog