Need to know what to do to my 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zxreed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@S33k3r @Rocket Man @blueinkd So as to not waste your time and effort I will jump in because this kind of falls under something I am considering. I have an 06 Yukon Denali XL with Z55 and wanted to put a lift under it just to improve some approach and departure angles when I go off the beaten path. I have the 20X8.5 wheels off of the Sierra Denali and stock, 275/55-20 tires. I plan to go up slightly on the tire size, also improve clearance, but want to keep the wheels.

I need to replace my Air shocks in the rear and was thinking that this may be the time to look into the lift. Every lift I look at basically says w/o Z55. So my question is, if you remove the air suspension can you utilize the lifts that are to be used for trucks w/o Z55 or does it have different mounting points?

Eric Thomas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to the suv game my f1shitty decided to give up on me so I went out and got an 05 Denali I was wondering should I go with a 3 inch suspension or 3 inch body as I’m in hs and low on money I also want to know what I should do to the exhaust

please an experts on these cars lmk
I have a 03 Tahoe w/z55 option. I bought a resistor kit on ebay for like 12 bucks 2 kits for all four. I'm doing my front and installing the kit. For the back the coils have to be upgraded, then fly at it. Good luck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@S33k3r @Rocket Man @blueinkd So as to not waste your time and effort I will jump in because this kind of falls under something I am considering. I have an 06 Yukon Denali XL with Z55 and wanted to put a lift under it just to improve some approach and departure angles when I go off the beaten path. I have the 20X8.5 wheels off of the Sierra Denali and stock, 275/55-20 tires. I plan to go up slightly on the tire size, also improve clearance, but want to keep the wheels.

I need to replace my Air shocks in the rear and was thinking that this may be the time to look into the lift. Every lift I look at basically says w/o Z55. So my question is, if you remove the air suspension can you utilize the lifts that are to be used for trucks w/o Z55 or does it have different mounting points?
Yes. You can also have the Z55 in use simply by making your own links for the ride height sensors. Just unscrew the ends, add lengthened rods, screw them back together and reinstall. I’m lowered 4” in the rear and still have the auto level in use. I made shorter rods. It’s great for towing. It also maintains the stock feel of the suspension. It’s up to you. If you eliminate the air shocks in the rear you need to change to the Z71 springs because the factory shocks help hold the rear up and the springs are too soft once the Z55 shocks are removed, as well as spoof the system by adding resistors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts