Need to know what to do to my 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obvious I know this. But when you come on a public forum and illicit public responses you’re gonna get other people’s opinions. Get over yourself unless you’re the OP. And quit being a pansie and move around. It’s the internet foo. I have an 05 Denali too that’s the reason I can comment whatever tf I like

Comments like this drive new members away. Instead, bring them in and teach them to adopt your way of thinking as opposed to shutting them down and sending them to find a home elsewhere. It's the old flies, vinegar and honey argument.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the rough country, 2"level/lift because I figured I needed new shocks anyway.
Does the Denali have the auto-leveling shocks? I'm not sure if the lift I bought is compatible, but I can let you know how I like it after I get it on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the rough country, 2"level/lift because I figured I needed new shocks anyway.
Does the Denali have the auto-leveling shocks? I'm not sure if the lift I bought is compatible, but I can let you know how I like it after I get it on.
Yes the NBS Denali has auto leveling shocks unless somebody has converted it to standard shocks.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would upgrade the creature comforts first. Nice stereo system with Bluetooth/carplay, etc. Get a decent alarm with remote start. Upgrade your headlights so you can actually SEE the road at night ........those type of things.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension lift! Try a muffler delete for starters, leave the cats and resonators and see how you like it. It's a mod a young fellow like you can do in the driveway.
I loved how my truck sounded that way before I put the cat back on, I was then disappointed when I put the cat back on. Here’s my 5.3 cut at the cats

06XLDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would wait a month to do anything. You may need budget for regular maintenance items. What size tire are you looking to fit? I am running 285/70/17..basically an inch bigger than stock and you really dont need a lift.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait a month to do anything. You may need budget for regular maintenance items. What size tire are you looking to fit? I am running 285/70/17..basically an inch bigger than stock and you really dont need a lift.
This is probably the best advise in the whole thread. Especially if your in HS and on a budget. Good luck gassing up that thirsty ride! Slow it down some. Most folks driving beaters in HS.

Post up some pics of the rig so folks could offer better input as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is probably the best advise in the whole thread. Especially if your in HS and on a budget. Good luck gassing up that thirsty ride! Slow it down some. Most folks driving beaters in HS.

Post up some pics of the rig so folks could offer better input as well.
When do you guys suppose he should start counting that month from since it’s already been 5 1/2 months ?

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When do you guys suppose he should start counting that month from since it’s already been 5 1/2 months ?
Time moves slower on the inanet Sir!!! He should probably start counting end of this month just for good measure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons