Need recommendation on Transmission Shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need my transmission rebuilt and I don't have any local shops that I trust.
I have read bad things about monster and mad dog transmissions.

I found these in my searches
www.trutechtrans.com
probuiltautomatics.com
https://cahallperformancetrans.com/

Have not heard anything bad about them but if you know of another please let me know. I'm just looking for slightly modified (stock 5.3 eng)

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richard, a trip to the Cottonwood Dragway might be in order. There you'll likely hear of or find the guy that everyone trusts to do good work.

http://tripleedgeperformance.com
I've bought parts from Triple Edge before (for a 4T65E rebuild) and they're good folks... lots of helpful info on their site and they answer the phone and answer stupid questions from retards like me... haha

Are you saying their rebuilt transmission are top-notch? I've only bought parts from them. Didn't realize their rebuilt transmission were popular as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought parts from Triple Edge before (for a 4T65E rebuild) and they're good folks... lots of helpful info on their site and they answer the phone and answer stupid questions from retards like me... haha

Are you saying their rebuilt transmission are top-notch? I've only bought parts from them. Didn't realize their rebuilt transmission were popular as well.

Same experience as you and they have good reviews by FWD racers which has been their forte until recently as they have begun to include rear wheel drive transmissions.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same experience as you and they have good reviews by FWD racers which has been their forte until recently as they have begun to include rear wheel drive transmissions.
Cool!!!

Interesting note, my in-laws live within 15 minutes of the place... not sure if they do FTF sales of parts but if I ever need something non-urgent I have that convenience... I hope to NEVER have to do my 4T65E again. Rebuilt at 240k miles and I hope it lasts to 350k which is the point at which I can't imagine I'll ever exceed before the car falls apart (just rolled 254k this morning).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n