need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Banging the Shiet out of the bolt head defiantly helps bust the corrosion loose.
Aswell as heating the bolt as hot as you can then using "Air in a can", the stuff used to blast crap from your keyboard.
Turn the bottle upside down so it blasts the liquid instead of air out. It gets VERY cold very quickly and can help Thermal shock a bolt loose.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck?

not yet i gotta get a file first im very limited to my tool selection at the

moment

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Banging the Shiet out of the bolt head defiantly helps bust the corrosion loose.
Aswell as heating the bolt as hot as you can then using "Air in a can", the stuff used to blast crap from your keyboard.
Turn the bottle upside down so it blasts the liquid instead of air out. It gets VERY cold very quickly and can help Thermal shock a bolt loose.

ya that would be nice except i don't have a torch to throw on it cuz i can't get

the a arm off to bring the whole piece to the shop and do that . . .

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

i think squareing it off like was mentioned earlyer should get it done just gotta get a

file first lol my gurl don't even have a nail file so ya like i said im pretty limited to my

equipment

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ight so i have ben beatin the shit out of this bolt and still ain got no where . . . still

need to get a file but im starting to doubt that idea now . . . correct if wrong but i got

the top of the a arm off i just can't get the tie rod off and the bottom part of the a

arm off it just won't slide off the studs . . . im scared to keep beating on that part

becouse i don't wanna tear somthing up

Attachments

• Washington-20120103-00091.jpg
    Washington-20120103-00091.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 5
  • Washington-20120103-00092.jpg
    Washington-20120103-00092.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 5
  • Washington-20120103-00093.jpg
    Washington-20120103-00093.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
threw some hydrogene poroxide on the studs maybe that will break it up some but can't

do that for the bolt i need out theres no penatration spot at all becouse of the type of

head thats on it

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to take that Tie Rod off, take a hammer and hit the top of it down. It will just pop out of place. HOWEVER

Looks like you have a ton of room in there. Way more than what I was thinking. You sure you can't pound a socket onto that bolt and then remove it with a ratchet? Ask to borrow some tools if needed? If needed, try heating up that bolt. Heat usually breaks bolts away

Vise-Grips will work to. The biggest ones you can get. Make sure it's nice and tight on the bolt, and put all your effort into it.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i beat the tie rod still no give i need a bearing splitter but iv ben smacken the

extractor sockets on that bolt and just when you think its gonna give it just spins off

so i don't know but i also beat the crap out of that bearing and i popd off something

like a splicer gear that was just behing the bearing but any ways i started hiting that

bearing reall hard thinking i could just smack it out of there but it didn't work . . . but

hears the complete messed up part . . . they tryed to tow the car since it was sitting

on jak so guy told me to hurry up and put it together and just move it for the day well

i did and wen i did nothing happend as if there was no problem with the dam thing in

the first place . . . i'v ben driving it and there isn't no thumping or rocking so ima take

it to the shop sometime and throw the torch on it and go head replace the part im just

mad i spent all that time and then theres nothing wrong mabe the bearing was just out

of place and i put back in when i started beating on it

Last edited:

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you shake the front tire down and feel any movement? If you grab the tire at the top and bottom and shake it, you'll feel some play. Have someone watch and see if you see any movement on the upper ball joint, lower ball joint or wheel bearing.

OP
OP
preshus

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you shake the front tire down and feel any movement? If you grab the tire at the top and bottom and shake it, you'll feel some play. Have someone watch and see if you see any movement on the upper ball joint, lower ball joint or wheel bearing.

ya theres no play at all except when the wheel is of the disk has play but

i was told thats the way its suppose to be . . . still don't have any problems

so far so im just holden my breath for now . . . i got the computer hooked up

to it becouse abs inop came on i had them clear all the codes becouse it

was my fault that light came on i took the little gear off that the sensor runs

off of lol so other then that its fine . . . its got some tranny slip but i don't

think that could of caused the shakeing . . . i guess i just need take it to

dealer when i can afford it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667