Need help troubleshooting A/C issue on 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ Moore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I've recently been having some ac issues. AC blows cold only while riding mainly and the compressor kicks on and off. I've replaced the compressor, condenser, and accumulator. Still pretty much the same performance. Mostly warm while idling but doesn't always blow cold while riding either. If idling with a strong rev it will start to cool. Any ideas to what to look at next?

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your fans at the radiator... low air flow will cause the pressure to spike and trip the limit switch... when your driving you are forcing air thru the condenser which is lowering the pressure...

OP
OP
AJ Moore

AJ Moore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That was my thought but my mechanic says the fans are operating properly

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because they are turning on and off doesn't mean they are working properly... it has to do with the amount of air they are moving...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I've recently been having some ac issues. AC blows cold only while riding mainly and the compressor kicks on and off. I've replaced the compressor, condenser, and accumulator. Still pretty much the same performance. Mostly warm while idling but doesn't always blow cold while riding either. If idling with a strong rev it will start to cool. Any ideas to what to look at next?

What are your low and high pressure readings at idle with the AC on full power? Does the truck have any internal HVAC related codes?

Thar1918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my 2012. I am thinking low and or high pressure switch. I don’t have gauges to verify pressure.
Where are the high and low pressure switches located?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Did you do the orifice(s) when you replaced all those parts? What brand are all the parts? Add the correct recommended amount of oil when you did the parts? Did you flush the a/c system out while you had it apart? Did you check for any needed cleaning at the radiator when changed the condenser? Last but not least, it does sound like an air flow problem and the fact that the fans come on does not mean they are spinning at correct rpm when a/c is on. Very important for high and low pressure readings info when the problem occurs.

headala

Reaction score
Do you have the automatic thermostat air or the manual air controls? If automatic I believe there is something common with needing to clean out the little vent above the driver's head

Johnny1180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98