need help on speaker probelms..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trixi the hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i recently put in new front door speakers.. they worked fine for a while, then one day it started sounding like everything on the equalizer in my cd player was turned off except for the treble.. the best way i can explain it is the base went compleaty dead.. but sometimes when i close my door it turns back on.. this is for both RS LS doors

the alpines are less than a year old and not blown to my knowing

i have only one dash screw and have had a few shorted wires in the dash on acount of vibration.. so i think this is a shorted wire.

i was hoping for some ideas on were to start to try to find it.. i have looked at the speakers and cd/radio harness and found nothing in eather area

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site. So this recently started happening? did you replace the wiring from radio to new speaker or use factory wiring?

Stock HU?

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are they the Alpine SPS-600C's?? If so, like the stock speakers in the front door, there are 2 components; a 6 1/2" cone / woofer and a 1 1/2" tweeter that repalces the factory AC Delco tweeter. It's possible that the woofer is shorting or disconnecting, and thus you are just hearing the tweeter. Also, when you connected the speakers, did you connect the tweeter in using the connectors from the cone, or did you use the factory wiring to connect the tweeter?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe