AFERMARKET DOOR SPEAKER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to start my system build, Do aftermarket speakers installed in the doors work without any issues? i will be getting the harnesses and adaptor plates (they are free right now when you buy the speakers from crutchfield) I remember hearing somewhere that the bose system in my LTZ runs on different ohm's and aftermarket speaker don't sound good?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looking to start my system build, Do aftermarket speakers installed in the doors work without any issues? i will be getting the harnesses and adaptor plates (they are free right now when you buy the speakers from crutchfield) I remember hearing somewhere that the bose system in my LTZ runs on different ohm's and aftermarket speaker don't sound good?
Bose works on 2 ohms, while non Bose works on 4 ohms. If you use a 4 ohm speaker on a Bose system it won't work, or won't work correctly.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did my audio system upgrade, I removed the entire Bose system and replaced it with aftermarket components. This way, I had complete flexibility in the choice of each component, knowing that it would be compatible with all other new components.

I suggest that you go to the Crutchfield web site and build an audio system that meets your budget. Then call the Tech folks at Crutchfield, and they will tell you about any other parts required to complete your project. (1) interface unit to match up with your steering wheel audio system controls, (2) back plate to match the truck's dash opening to the new head unit. etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts