Need help on a door ding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I debadged my Tahoe and removed the molding on the passenger side, I discovered that somebody had whacked my door pretty hard. It left what I call an "axe wound" type ding in the contour of my door.

This had to be one helluva whack to my door to do this through the molding that was there.

It is a vertical ding and is pretty deep. Is there an easy way to fix this or am I going to have to have a pro do it?

Greg

My truck is filthy it just stopped raining today and I am embarassed to even show her like that.

hoe07.jpg

hoe08.jpg

hoe09.jpg

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Don't know about the ding, but your truck is not dirty...lol.

You should see mine right now. It's brown. It's supposed to be white. There is no point in washing it, though, until breakup is over and all the snow melts.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a huge dent like that not long ago and I called some place that 'massages' the dent out with this crazy metal rod thing and you can't even tell i even had a huge dent there anymore. 60$ well worth. Way better then taking panel off and getting it repainted that's for sure.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I had a huge dent like that not long ago and I called some place that 'massages' the dent out with this crazy metal rod thing and you can't even tell i even had a huge dent there anymore. 60$ well worth. Way better then taking panel off and getting it repainted that's for sure.

Paintless Dent Repair/PDR.

GMC Yukon

Reaction score
We have a place in Ohio called (The Dent Doctor) about $50.00 a dent!

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, should be able to PDR it just fine. thats the only thing thats gonna help it. the ol dry ice or hot hair dryer and upside down can of compressed air wont work on the ones that are sharp like that....usually. worth the 50 bucks to have them do it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the multiple PDR suggestions:waytogo:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

There are also dent popping kits you can buy at auto parts stores that work well. It just depends on how you want to spend your money....

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dent is going to be hard to massage out. Anytime the dent is in a bend or crease in the metal it makes it very difficult to repair. Definitely call the dent doctor and have them check it out.

02YuNali916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not very difficult, hammer & dolly around the crown & it should pop out