2002 Yukon XL. I need a drivers door. What other doors will fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonMike66

Reaction score
Hopefully i put this in the right spot. I have a completely rust free low mile 2002 Yukon XL, i got it for my wife for having survived her cancer, BUT, it has a dent in the drivers door, i have pulled the interior door panel and popped out most of it, but it still has some creasing on the bottom edge of the door and the body line where the door molding usually goes. I talked to a few PDR guys and they said they cant fix it. A paint and body shop said $1400-$1800 to fix it and paint match it....yeah, NOPE! I have been looking for another door in the same color (i know it wont match perfectly) but i cant find one..hell, i can't even find an '02 Yukon door in any color that is straight and not rusted out. So, my question is, what other makes, models and years will have a drivers door that will work on a 2002 Yukon XL SLE? I can swap over my door panel, the mirror, the speaker and everything, just need a straight door (would prefer not to have to swap glass and regulator though). Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Mike from Topeka.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
01-06 Tahoe, Yukon, Esky or Denali long or short. Needs guts of your 02 (wiring switches etc) if you get anything newer than 02. 03 changed electrically

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
01-06 Tahoe, Yukon, Esky or Denali long or short. Needs guts of your 02 (wiring switches etc) if you get anything newer than 02. 03 changed electrically
So, if possible, try to find an 01-02 Tahoe or Yukon....probably my best bet to find something with the same paint code too. Thanks.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if possible, try to find an 01-02 Tahoe or Yukon....probably my best bet to find something with the same paint code too. Thanks.
Yeah but it’s not that hard to swap window, regulator or wiring. Everything unplugs at the body and your stuff from 02 will pop right in. Paint code will help gm has used the same colors in that era for a while. I forgot to put in my first post that 99-05 (or something in those years) pickups have same doors too.

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
Yeah but it’s not that hard to swap window, regulator or wiring. Everything unplugs at the body and your stuff from 02 will pop right in. Paint code will help gm has used the same colors in that era for a while. I forgot to put in my first post that 99-05 (or something in those years) pickups have same doors too.
I've had to swap wiring harnesses for rear doors 0n a crew cab Silverado...it wasnt hard. But i hate dealing with window regulators...lol.

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
I've had to swap wiring harnesses for rear doors 0n a crew cab Silverado...it wasnt hard. But i hate dealing with window regulators...lol.
I found a straight rust free 03' Tahoe drivers door in the correct paint code...i assume that will fit my 02 Yukon XL.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you guys recommend installing a new window regulator, preventatively? I probably would, and a new door speaker mid-woofer cone as well. The tweeter is probably fine but the paper cone and foam surround on the component mid-wooferloudspeaker is almost certainly disintegrated. You can source the mid-woofer online for about $75 each, or use Polk Audio or Boss Audio for even cheaper. You will probably want to carve out the plastic snap install ring if you use an aftermarket speaker like Polk. I understand OP, that you are working this project to save a little $ it it’s something to think about.

Attachments

• FF0D033A-46B7-46F5-98A8-294EE6331410.jpeg
    FF0D033A-46B7-46F5-98A8-294EE6331410.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 5

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other small, affordable upgrade I’d do at same time is swap out the lower door panel courtesy lights with LED lights, for less than $20 (for two). This is a super easy and high-impact change that you’ll appreciate every time you open the door. The white light will be cooler/whiter than the rest of your interior bulbs but not for long. You will be so happy with the upgrade that you’ll change out the rest of the bulbs soon. It really transforms the interior. I used these and should have done it years ago.

By the way, really great gesture of true love you are making towards your tough wife. We all love our GMT800s but this is next level. Cancer is terrible and this is awesome. Good luck.
9865701B-DFC6-48C4-8403-AE248F21CEDD.jpeg136258B8-6EF6-49E3-AB71-1E1A6F6177AB.jpeg558C81F8-3DA5-4D70-8CBE-A713F77A6C18.jpeg

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a straight rust free 03' Tahoe drivers door in the correct paint code...i assume that will fit my 02 Yukon XL.
Yes it will, but you'll need to use your 02 wiring harness.
Yup, just like Tony said and like i said…. Sometimes we gotta do what we don’t wanna do to get what we want..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar