Need help! Have rear speed sensor code, BUT ONLY HAVE 2 WHEEL ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking the OP if any of the critical computer/control modules replaced from a different donor vehicle and transplanted into his. I thought maybe it was looking for a 4th sensor that wasn't there any more.
Well, guess i completely missed the mark on that one... lol.
But, that is a good question. I think really the only things that might affect that would be the pcm and MAYBE the bcm.
Pcm connectors are all the same for p01s and p59s respectively, but for body control modules i do not know if they all have the same plugs or not... one would THINK/ASSUME that the 4 channel would have more sets of wires. This needing more plugs on the module. But i honestly don't know.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several service bulletins on this area. It is the sleep on TCCM usually. Reset/reprogam/ replace. If it happens at key on thats pretty definate. Water intrusion is another cause.

Remove the underhood (ATCM or TREC) TCCM fuse.
Wait 30 seconds.
Reinstall the fuse. The module should "wake up" and communicate with the Tech 2®.

If it still has the code (CURRENT, not in HISTORY) then lt needs reprogram /replace.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC