Need Help. Cluster lights went out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a full rebuild and Esky conversion done a few months back and everything has worked fine, but tonight I jumped in and all of the cluster back lighting is out. Info center is fine, as is everything else. Only the cluster backlighting is out. I can't find a fuse for it anywhere.

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks!

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on your year and model i dont think the cluster has its own fuse? if it was a fuse all the dash lights would be out. i would check for a shorted or loose wire or depending on your year and model, might just be loose bulbs. when i first did my blue leds some of the bulbs would flicker when i hit bumps

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u may wanna check the dimmer switch.. u could have hit it with ur knee by accident and turned the dim all the way low... worth a check

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
('03 Yukon)

That's the funny thing though. The last time I drove it, they worked fine. Tonight they don't. Dimmer switch is operating as expected. I'll pull the cluster again if I have to, but I 'm hoping somebody knows something I don't.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip, is your Tahoe 03+? If so, check to see if the red wire at A11 at the cluster plug is getting 12V when you turn the lights on.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip, is your Tahoe 03+? If so, check to see if the red wire at A11 at the cluster plug is getting 12V when you turn the lights on.

Yes Sir. 2003 Yukon. Thanks for that! I'll check first thing tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttowntoehead

Latest posts