Need an education

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Thinking of trading my 09 on a 2014 and up. Is there a way to search for LTs that have 4WD Low? Doesn't appear they all have it. Is there something you can put in most car sale browsers under keywords or something?

Also in general, anything to look out for, avoid?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trading my 09 on a 2014 and up. Is there a way to search for LTs that have 4WD Low? Doesn't appear they all have it. Is there something you can put in most car sale browsers under keywords or something?

Also in general, anything to look out for, avoid?

I don't think so. It's because the 2-speed transfer case came only with the enhanced cooling package. To be sure you'll need to see the RPO sheet or at least the 4WD dial so you can get a good look at it. Anyone else have any ideas? Wait, I think those with 3.08 gears will not have it while those with 3.42 gears will have the 2-speed transfer case.

At Law

Reaction score
If you use Autotrader as a search tool, you can specify make, model, and drive-train.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only problem with that is not everything for sale out there is on autotrader and not everyone enters it right and autotrader prices are insane, but I guess its better than nothing, just going to have to ask the sellers for more details

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem with that is not everything for sale out there is on autotrader and not everyone enters it right and autotrader prices are insane, but I guess its better than nothing, just going to have to ask the sellers for more details

I've found more trucks on cars.com than autotrader and hardly any anymore on craigslist. That being said, we bought most of our cars through auto trader, remember the weekly catalogs with the black and white photos before the internet? Bought a lot of cars from those rags! Then in the last what fifteen, twenty years we've bought most after we found them on Craigslist.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Yeah, wasn't working. As someone else noted the people keying in the info don't always get it right. Autotrader has a AWD/4WD option under drive train, but if it has 4 High it gets entered the same Im sure.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found more trucks on cars.com than autotrader and hardly any anymore on craigslist. That being said, we bought most of our cars through auto trader, remember the weekly catalogs with the black and white photos before the internet? Bought a lot of cars from those rags! Then in the last what fifteen, twenty years we've bought most after we found them on Craigslist.
+1 on cars.com. Pretty sure 2 speed is with tow package, and on that site you can put in key words (try tow, z71, and 3.42). Yeah, those autotrader books were rockin back in the day, even though half the cars were sold when you called about em...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only sure way I found was to look at the pictures. Check for the tow hitch on the back and then check an interior picture showing the left side of the steering wheel to see if it has 4 low. If any seller isn't detailed enough to provide pictures when selling then I'm not willing to buy from them anyway. Most sellers don't have clue about the gear ratio and most buyers don't look anyway (so they never get entered in the descriptions correctly). Fortunately if it has the tow package and the correct transfer case, you can be almost certain it has what you're looking for whether the seller knows or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71