Need an education

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only sure way I found was to look at the pictures. Check for the tow hitch on the back and then check an interior picture showing the left side of the steering wheel to see if it has 4 low. If any seller isn't detailed enough to provide pictures when selling then I'm not willing to buy from them anyway. Most sellers don't have clue about the gear ratio and most buyers don't look anyway (so they never get entered in the descriptions correctly). Fortunately if it has the tow package and the correct transfer case, you can be almost certain it has what you're looking for whether the seller knows or not.

Yeah, thats what I've been doing - just scanning the pics looking for the 4WD dial.

Had a similar problem when looking at Grand Cherokees. You have to move up to a Limited or higher to get 4WD low it looks like. Called a dealer once and the salesguy was clueless. How do you work at a Jeep dealership and not know the difference between the 4WD systems. I guess most people don't care.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I've been doing - just scanning the pics looking for the 4WD dial.

Had a similar problem when looking at Grand Cherokees. You have to move up to a Limited or higher to get 4WD low it looks like. Called a dealer once and the salesguy was clueless. How do you work at a Jeep dealership and not know the difference between the 4WD systems. I guess most people don't care.

How's the search going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11