Need advice on tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Migillicuty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got an 04'tahoe LT and bought a leveling kit on Amazon that has 2" spaces for the rear and 1"-3" keys for the front. What size tires should I run? Anyone got pics with the same kit?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, you may want to take a look in the 04 section as there will be more to look at. This is the 2015+ section although we don't mind if you look at ours. All Tahoes are special no matter what the year.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Mike! Your in the correct section now.

Franzsolo

Reaction score
Welcome, you may want to take a look in the 04 section as there will be more to look at. This is the 2015+ section although we don't mind if you look at ours. All Tahoes are special no matter what the year.
It's true, All SUV's matter, but this thread is in fact the 2000-2006 section.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you increase your tire size, please research gearing ratios and make sure you don't go so big that your transmission is hunting in and out of overdrive on the highway. Might not be an issue on these trucks based on the size you want, but I had that issue with a 1989 Jimmy after moving up to 33" tires.