Nasty clunking from mid/front when accelerating - Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redline165

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having this exact problem. What ended up being your issue and if you replaced your transfer case how tough of a job was it? How many miles did you have on it?
Hi,
I have a newly purchased yukon denali that I got off my uncle, its a 2002 denali xl that he has owned from new.
Appart from the usual little things like broken manifold bolts and destroyed driver seat (lol) it has a very loud popping/skipping sound in the driveline from underneath when accelerating from a dead stop or accelerating at all at speed. My gut feeling is the chain inside the transfer case is skipping teeths (NP149 case) but I am wondering if there could be a common issue with the front diff that I dont know about that could cause that. It is defenately not a front axle shaft noise. Did anyone ever have the same or similar issue? Keep in mind it has been doing it for more than a year but he was only using it as a 3rd vehicle to haul bigger things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019