Mystery Water Leak Driver Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeterna

Reaction score
Ok folks I am at your mercy. I have been tracking down water leaks for several weeks now. This leak was much worse and filled up my driver side floorboard with sitting water. I have replaced the driver side front weatherstripping and sealed up the shark fin antenna which seemed to of mitigated some of the leak.

Now with rain today I get what you see below. this water is not on top of the floor mat nor under the carpet. It is as if this water miraculously appeared under the floor mat and didnt get the cushion under the carpet wet.

i have poured water all of my tahoe and for the life of me cant get the thing to leak. Ive removed the hood cowling and poured water into there, all over the windshield, directly into the driver side weather stripping, all over the roof, and for ***** i poured water directly into the driver side mirror.

1C567248-F171-4969-B60B-D71E8FB673D7.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Also, There is an ebrake grommet under the carpet that appears dry.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been under the truck or checked the grommets in the firewall? You’ve covered the majority of common places. Try using a flashlight instead of water. You’ll need another set of hands. Light will show instantly where water may take a while.

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Have you been under the truck or checked the grommets in the firewall? You’ve covered the majority of common places. Try using a flashlight instead of water. You’ll need another set of hands. Light will show instantly where water may take a while.

thanks for the tip, i already sealed the ebrake grommet. But i did locate a second larger grommet around the area this water appeared. I went ahead and sealed that up on both the inside and outside. Gonna keep my fingers crossed. I lets the water hose run over every inch of this tahoe for quite some time today and had zero leaks. Hopefully i got everything...

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about the one under the floorboard. Hopefully that does it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if it will work on these trucks but we used to close all the windows, doors, etc., and turn the HVAC blower on high with the settings to pull in outside air (not recirc). Then run the hose over the whole truck looking for bubbles.

OP
OP
A

Aeterna

Reaction score
Not sure if it will work on these trucks but we used to close all the windows, doors, etc., and turn the HVAC blower on high with the settings to pull in outside air (not recirc). Then run the hose over the whole truck looking for bubbles.

Nice suggestion ill set aside time to try that. Ive tried extensively to make this thing leak and cant. Im crossing my fingers what was in the picture, is just excess condensation left over from the last time it filled up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne