Mystery Oil Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good spot to install a oil temperature sensor or mechanical pressure sensor.
Yes.

And it's there because the engine block itself is used in vehicles both with and without external oil coolers. Blocking the ports with a plate is more economical than having different block castings for each application.

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted this last weekend along with an oil change. Found out (and looking back I'm not sure how I missed it as it looks quite different) I have the cooler lines running in here, not just the block off plate. I was able to access this with a small ratchet and finagling my arm up in there on my back. I have an 09 denali awd. Prior too, I was convinced I had the block off plate, I ordered the gasket and plate itself. Glad they are cheap. So I wiped off the gasket (it looked ok) reinstalled and tightened down. I need to go back under and see if it dried up any. Not seeing any drops on the garage floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz