My New Headunit and Backup Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
When I bought the Tahoe it had a crappy tablet style Power Acoustik unit installed that blocked the heater controls and drove me nuts. I ended up trading that for a set of factory 16's with good winter tires with a guy on CL. That solved my winter issue but left me with no tunes, so I began the search. I ended up going with a Jensen flip out, yes I know cheap but I'm on a budget and couldn't afford a double DIN like I wanted, and a back up cam. I've been working way too much and finally had 2 hours before work today so I called a buddy and we got it installed, minus the mic for the bluetooth. He soldered up the adapter to the headunit while I tore the hoe apart, ran the wires, and mounted the rear cam. Anyways enough talk....PICS!

Everything ready to go
null_zps9d84c68a.jpg

iPod hooked up and working great
null_zps4a4358e9.jpg

Hey look a brake light
null_zpsc8d3830f.jpg

Backup cam looking at a bunch of grass and trees
null_zps629bb1ee.jpg

The cam - Absolute CAM-600
null_zpsbb46c62a.gif

All in all it went fairly smooth. I still have to run the mic and need to go pic up an adaptor for the camera wire since it just BARELY reached the head unit. Not bad for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
backup camera is the best mod after the AUX ad the bluetooth. I used to back ito everything

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
Quick question, did you have to connect the reverse wire from the radio? If so, which wire did you tap into?

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, did you have to connect the reverse wire from the radio? If so, which wire did you tap into?

I just wired mine up yesterday on my 2004. I used the light green wire out of the black connector on the far right of the BCM.

Attachments

• Reverse Signal.jpg
    Reverse Signal.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One