My new daily driver, 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hottyson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently purchased this 2013 Tahoe PPV. It has 85k miles on it. Runs pretty good so far.
IMG_2980.JPGAll I have really done so far is bolt down the 2nd row seats that came with it. I cleared out the holes scraping away the silicone filled bottom mounting holes. I fished up one of the bolts using dental floss because the muffler was in the way of my reach. The rest of the bolts went in easily. However, I am having difficulty locating mounting bolts for the 2nd row lap/shoulder seat belts to the side walls. Perhaps I shall have to go to the Chevy dealer to purchase expensive oem seat belt bolts.
IMG_2982.JPG
Future plans include removing the two spot lights and building a center console for driver arm rest and drink holders.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
I am having difficulty locating mounting bolts for the 2nd row lap/shoulder seat belts to the side walls. Perhaps I shall have to go to the Chevy dealer to purchase expensive oem seat belt bolts.
IMO, this is a case where proper OE bolts and any associated hardware (washers, spacers) are a must. Generic fasteners likely won't have the correct flange, shank/shoulder configuration, and bending resistance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, nice ride! A friend's neighbor is North Charleston Police and they have one that color for a spare vehicle in prime condition, I'd love to have it.

Some of the PPV folks will certainly chime in as well, but I want to say I recall the consensus being not worthy of removing the spotlights for the amount of seemingly irreversible repairs it would take to keep it sealed/fit. But we all have our own adventures!

Looks like @swathdiver got you hooked up with the right part number for your bolts, I see the OEM price is crazy. But they appear to be readily available elsewhere (Tasca showed $7). Don't forget your local boneyard though! I know myself and some other members here local to me have hit some of the same yards to get the parts we've needed, surely you have some around!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, nice ride! A friend's neighbor is North Charleston Police and they have one that color for a spare vehicle in prime condition, I'd love to have it.

Some of the PPV folks will certainly chime in as well, but I want to say I recall the consensus being not worthy of removing the spotlights for the amount of seemingly irreversible repairs it would take to keep it sealed/fit. But we all have our own adventures!

Looks like @swathdiver got you hooked up with the right part number for your bolts, I see the OEM price is crazy. But they appear to be readily available elsewhere (Tasca showed $7). Don't forget your local boneyard though! I know myself and some other members here local to me have hit some of the same yards to get the parts we've needed, surely you have some around!
@hottyson I’d leave them. I wish mine had one for the coolness factor.

OP
OP
hottyson

hottyson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those bolts are 11609886 or M12 x 1.75 x 40.
I purchased some other bolts to try but they had the wrong threads. I am going to see what hex bolts are available at local hardware stores that might stick out a little further so that I can still wrench them in. Thank you so much for the original bolt size!

I recall the consensus being not worthy of removing the spotlights for the amount of seemingly irreversible repairs it would take to keep it sealed/fit.
Thanks for the info. The wife is pressuring me to remove the spotlights. We shall have to see who wins. Usually I give in. However, I also own a 2011 Tahoe PPV that still has the spotlights and black and white paint to retain that OG police cruiser look. However, my 2011 Tahoe PPV has 107,000 miles on it, so I will probably put it up for sale since I prefer fewer miles and subtle civilian friendly looks of my newer 2013 Tahoe PPV.

IMG_2977.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55