My New 2015 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have enough posts to send a pm yet but I'm very interested in the dealer that sold you this. I tried with my local dealer and they would not sell to individual officers

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW spent some time in a 15 PPV today (on work steelies) Amazingly the 4wd's aren't governed (only had it up to 110 today, but it was radar verified), it only 1500 miles on it so far, but it definetely moves. The wife's caddy is obviously faster but this feels more nimble I actually want to measure height on both trucks, I swear the tahoe is lower 4wd to 4wd, height wise I thought it was a 2wd truck until I saw the knob. I feel I need to step up into the Escalade, but the Tahoe I just kinda slide right into. I'm mostly use to the 07-14 2wd's and this definetely seems faster, but a big laggy until you jump on it.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have enough posts to send a pm yet but I'm very interested in the dealer that sold you this. I tried with my local dealer and they would not sell to individual officers

im not sure why when i was at courtesy chev the other day my father was lookin at trucks
and i was chewin another salesmens ear and as long as you pay for it they will order you a PPV tahoe wich is 2wd or the SSV wich is the 4wd model the only difference there goverened

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhm real world experience 2015 tahoe 4wd police version is NOT governed. Salesman must be mistaken....as most usually are.

Roush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im not sure why when i was at courtesy chev the other day my father was lookin at trucks
and i was chewin another salesmens ear and as long as you pay for it they will order you a PPV tahoe wich is 2wd or the SSV wich is the 4wd model the only difference there goverened

I think I've emailed every dealer in Illinois and every single one stated they need to be titled as a government vehicle.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of a debadged Tahoe ;) Clean.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you noticed the buffeting sound that is mentioned. I was wondering if the crossmember of the roof racks affect it? The ppv has no roof racks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaBigBR

Reaction score
Just happened to see this thread back near the top.

I have NOT had the buffeting issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz