My New 2015 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaBigBR

Reaction score
New member and first post. I've been reading the forum a lot as I have waited impatiently for my truck to arrive, but today was the day. Took delivery of my brand new 2015 Tahoe PPV 4X4. Very long story short, I found a dealer out of state that will sell them to individual officers at a more than fair price ($34k). Took it straight to the local dealer and had a set of 20" take-offs I bought installed, and this is how she looks today:

Reduced_zpsrqsqpdvh.jpg

I like the de-badged, no roof rack look so far. It's snowing here and dark now, so I did not get any good detail shots, but the '15 PPV does not even have a bowtie on the tailgate.

One question for the braintrust: if I picked up a steering wheel from a nicer trimmed Tahoe, do we think the additional buttons (PPV has the cruise buttons on the left only) would work? What about the heat?

Better photos to follow...

Attachments

• Reduced.jpg
    Reduced.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 64

gGM Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Congratulations. Does it feel faster or handle better than a standard version Tahoe? Can you describe any differences between them?

OP
OP
D

DaBigBR

Reaction score
Sad to admit, but I don't really know. My personal experience with the 'hoe is limited to the 2011 PPV I drive at work, which I fell in love with, and this one. I've always found the '11 to be relatively peppy for such a big girl and have never felt like it was ill-suited for high speed maneuvering. It feels good all the way up to the speed limiter and stops great. It also turns a tighter circle than the Crown Vics and is more comfortable than our new Explorers. This '15 is everything the '11 is but tighter and quieter. The '15 from a police car perspective is super nice with things like the multi-zone climate control, dual 10 way seats, built in Bluetooth, usb, line-in, etc. Those are things we don't get standard in the Explorers.

For those that have PMed me for details on the dealership and purchase program, I will reply back as soon as I hit 10 posts and can PM

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the extras you get on the 2015 police persuit vehicle as far as teh powertrain
5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection, continuously Variable Valve Timing, and FlexFuel6
Auxiliary transmission oil cooler
External engine oil cooler
Engine skid plate
6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive
Heavy-duty 4-wheel antilock disc brake system
Heavy-duty police-rated suspension
Rear-locking differential
170-amp alternator
720 CCA primary battery with rundown protection
730-CCA isolated auxiliary battery

the big differnces in the 2007 vs the 2015 police persuit vehicles
the 2007 model
i think it had the same 320 hp 5.3
but it only had a 4 speed tranny
a 160 amp alternator

LOL PPV tahoes are already setup for aftermarket stereos

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaBigBR

Reaction score
I believe so, however I am not sure how much of that is tire and wheel related. The 20s are definitely a little larger than the PPV wheel/tire package.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a rear picture

Want to see the bowtie shaved

.maybe a good future mod

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a rear picture

Want to see the bowtie shaved

.maybe a good future mod
Stop being lazy Lee.... I posted these like 3 months ago..
9fb4ed204a29802c7967ffacb75f7554.jpg
4d1e269132687a32d8b81debb23f84dd.jpg
5c1993eaa84f7386a79ae91096fc9c37.jpg

OP
OP
D

DaBigBR

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the somewhat odd black center caps that mine came with, but the picture reminded me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz