My $500 03 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls ....in the past I owned an 01
Tahoe and 05 Denali but you know as times
And finances change so does your car selection . But I told myself I’d love to have one just because one day . And about 2 months ago that day became possible at a price I couldn’t refuse.

A neighbor had a cosmetically poorly maintained 03 Yukon for sale. $1000 on the window sticker . I drove it around the block admitted to the owner of 14 years that it needed a lot of refreshment. He said $500 it’s yours.

I thought about it overnight and the next day I went to the bank , grabbed $500 and met the man that sold me this 03 Yukon. e27a34d7d81108ad3ade3a59951c64b7.jpg
After a trip to CT I had to get these wheels and tires they were literally brand new and the stocks were corroded badly and tires were bald.
96c13299aa8941ca2788027ea40bd75c.jpg
Been deciding if I should repaint oem carbon metallic , Audi Nardo grey with the rust repair and then today I figured what the hell it’s beautiful weather outside let me try to bring this paint back to life
8cce09d6d34d6f4e651e3a28f1dfd4b3.jpg

4a8fc0774957d8a2aa8f1a8b96e102a7.jpg

She looks so much better now with a couple of passes with my PC orbital with a heavy cut pad and then a lighter cut pad. Followed up with TLC as a topper sealant.

Just need the rust spots fixed and the hood resprayed.

She’s got 161k, no leaks with a stack of current maintenance invoices for the last 90k. I’m having fun with this little beater. Thanks for looking !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One great deal you got! Nice looking truck! Interior pics? We love pics around here!!

OP
OP
DutchSchultz

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
I’ll post some tomorrow when it’s light out. Pretty clean inside .

OP
OP
DutchSchultz

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
It’s only needed rear charcoal canister to remove CEL, diff fluid flushes, I replaced the ripped steering wheel with a used on eBay, refurbed cluster on eBay , rear hvac module , both door actuators and a used blower motor .

I’m into this truck for $4000 including the wheels , indash alpine nav, esky appliqués (to be painted ), magnaflow muffler and all maintenance

OP
OP
DutchSchultz

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
Thank you. The GMT800 NBS has always been my favorite SUV. My dailies will come and go but this will always been in the stable until I can’t get parts or I take my last breath. Just got to get it all minty first .

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you. The GMT800 NBS has always been my favorite SUV. My dailies will come and go but this will always been in the stable until I can’t get parts or I take my last breath. Just got to get it all minty first .

Forgot--you have barn doors too. I used to like them, til I drove one. I couldn't get used to looking through that bar in the rearview. Still sweet tho.

OP
OP
DutchSchultz

DutchSchultz

Reaction score
Forgot--you have barn doors too. I used to like them, til I drove one. I couldn't get used to looking through that bar in the rearview. Still sweet tho.
It’s funny my last two were regular hatch I always told myself I wanted a barn door for ease of loading . I love them. I don’t like getting hit in the head when they close on their own but oh well [emoji23]

This is extremely oddly packaged. SLT with leather . Third row delete (no tracks or cut outs) , barn doors, sunroof , no heated seats , manual passenger seat.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s funny my last two were regular hatch I always told myself I wanted a barn door for ease of loading . I love them. I don’t like getting hit in the head when they close on their own but oh well [emoji23]

This is extremely oddly packaged. SLT with leather . Third row delete (no tracks or cut outs) , barn doors, sunroof , no heated seats , manual passenger seat.

Maybe someone ordered it specifically that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j