My 2022 Tahoe Bose Audio Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Max2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the Bose system but I read somewhere, on this forum, that the input signals to the Bose amp are all digital, and that only the outputs to the speakers are analog. I would use the factory subwoofer speaker signal and feed it into either a hi/low converter, or use your new amp’s speaker level input, is so equipped. Using a single X1 cable harness might make it easier to access the wiring, unless you pull the entire rear panel off. The JL Audio package looks good. I wound up installing a single 10” subwoofer between my 2nd row seats. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the Bose system but I read somewhere, on this forum, that the input signals to the Bose amp are all digital, and that only the outputs to the speakers are analog. I would use the factory subwoofer speaker signal and feed it into either a hi/low converter, or use your new amp’s speaker level input, is so equipped. Using a single X1 cable harness might make it easier to access the wiring, unless you pull the entire rear panel off. The JL Audio package looks good. I wound up installing a single 10” subwoofer between my 2nd row seats. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Pic? A shallow mount sub might fit and look good in between the captains.

OP
OP
M

Max2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will post a photo in a few days. In the meantime here is a drawing I did for the box I built. I covered it with black trunk carpet. You may face the speaker towards the front, or back. You may wish to protect the speaker with a screen if you have small kids, just in case. It has so much bass that I had to install a level control (potentiometer) to make it easier to regulate from song to song.Picture6.png

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great write up!! I have a question on this particular step. I'm thinking of adding the new JL Stealthbox to my 21 Tahoe (https://www.jlaudio.com/products/sb-gm-5gsuv-10tw3-car-audio-stealthbox-94698). Could I get away with only using the X1 harness or do you think it's easier to just go with a hi/lo converter and pull the signal from speakers? I've done the latter multiple times with no issues. Thanks in advance!!
I recently did the JL Audio Stealthbox with 1 JL Audio XD300/1 amp for the 21 Yukon Denali. What a day and night difference. I had it done by a professional stereo shop. Had a JL Audio line output converter installed to tie everything in perfectly. Amp was mounted on the Stealthbox and all hidden. See pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_170959.jpg
    IMG_20230112_170959.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20230112_171001.jpg
    IMG_20230112_171001.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 127

Lancecc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently did the JL Audio Stealthbox with 1 JL Audio XD300/1 amp for the 21 Yukon Denali. What a day and night difference. I had it done by a professional stereo shop. Had a JL Audio line output converter installed to tie everything in perfectly. Amp was mounted on the Stealthbox and all hidden. See pictures attached.
Looks great!! I never thought about mounting the amp to the top of the box, but that makes everything super tucked away. My plan was to mount mine in the cargo storage tray. That way, I have access to the make any adjustments to the amp (if needed) and not have to rip everything out. My amp fits perfectly in there. Drill a hole for the wires in the side of the cargo tray, add a grommet and voila. Do you know what wires they tied in to for the hi/low converter? That's really the only thing that I left to determine. There are a couple of videos for a '21 Silverado where they tap into the yellow/yellow+black combo in the front passenger footwell, but that seems like a long way away from the rest of the gear. I'm hoping to be able to tap into some of wires that feed into the amp that's right next to the sub box. Just need to know what colors.

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great!! I never thought about mounting the amp to the top of the box, but that makes everything super tucked away. My plan was to mount mine in the cargo storage tray. That way, I have access to the make any adjustments to the amp (if needed) and not have to rip everything out. My amp fits perfectly in there. Drill a hole for the wires in the side of the cargo tray, add a grommet and voila. Do you know what wires they tied in to for the hi/low converter? That's really the only thing that I left to determine. There are a couple of videos for a '21 Silverado where they tap into the yellow/yellow+black combo in the front passenger footwell, but that seems like a long way away from the rest of the gear. I'm hoping to be able to tap into some of wires that feed into the amp that's right next to the sub box. Just need to know what colors.
Thanks. I only mounted the amp there to keep it out of sight and unfortunately I use up that space in the cargo storage tray. I did have the same thoughts about being able to access it but with JL Audios recommended settings on the amp to work with that stealthbox I wouldn't need to access it. However, if I didn't use that space I'd mount it the way you did. Unfortunately I don't remember which wires. Honestly once they told me that they'd be able to hook up everything without any special harness I just went for it. Sorry I couldn't be of any help on that! They did tap into that amp near the box.

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Stonebx Pics of finished product?

Unfortunately this was while they were installing it and how it looked after they finished. Once they replaced all the interior molding and trims you can't tell anything was done. You can see the JL Audio subwoofer through the factory grill a bit. The bass controller was mounted up front on the center console side cubby pockets. Very discreet! Only evidence of anything done is the sound of bass when playing music. Rumbles through the vehicle! In a nice way!

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_170959.jpg
    IMG_20230112_170959.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20230112_171001.jpg
    IMG_20230112_171001.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20230208_211734.jpg
    20230208_211734.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 20230208_211756.jpg
    20230208_211756.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20230208_211811.jpg
    20230208_211811.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 92

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Stonebx How much did the whole set up and install run you, if you don't mind us asking? I haven't stopped by my local cartunes in detroit yet to see if they have access to that jl box

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Stonebx How much did the whole set up and install run you, if you don't mind us asking? I haven't stopped by my local cartunes in detroit yet to see if they have access to that jl box
I thought I responded to this question. My apologies!
Parts and labor every thing came out to roughly $2500. The stealthbox and amp were on sale as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan