My “new” 05 - updates, upgrades and service plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
-Tony...What lowering springs did you use. I used the Moog Z71 springs on my Denali when I removed the air ride in the back and now it sits too high in the back, but at least 2 to 3 inches more than the stock rake.
Those Moog Z71 springs are much stiffer, so it makes sense that the rear would be higher. I bought this complete kit--https://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering/3/4-lowering-kit-4-coils-2-3-torsion-keys-with-shock-extenders/
I'm sitting around 33 1/4, or there abouts.
With 17's20200519_154543.jpg
With 22's20190704_163604.jpg

Last edited:

Got Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great to see you guys taking care of your older Tahoe's. I am either to old to get under mine or maybe just lazy.
I had 2 05's, Sold one last year 85K miles sold it for $8,500 to a friend. Still have my Blue 05 with 39,000 miles. I keep wanting to by a new Tahoe to move up on this 05.
But still works for me.
My big mistake was selling my 99 tahoe to a buddy $4 K had 92 K miles. I tried to buy it back but he gave it to his dad in another state.

I did have my tire shop replace one of my TPMS valve stems. Still have a problem with it.

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is Flex Fuel so if your isn't, the evap system may be somewhat different. Here's a pic of mine, looking from the rear with the fuel tank removed. Vent valve is in the red circle.

View attachment 362037

Yours is probably the newer, round one with the external filter:

View attachment 362039
Looks to be mounted right beside canister. If so it's a pretty sure bet Mountie's is the same. Mine is on my 05 Escalade. Getting ready to replace canister and clear lines today. both valves are fairly new, but I found charcoal inside of my purge valve, slow fill started a couple weeks ago along with our dear, dear friend P0455. Interesting fact of compromising canister by over filling fuel tank because I'm terrible for having to squeeze in every drop I can so ty for throwing that info out there and ty Jesus for leading me to read this particular post.

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great to see you guys taking care of your older Tahoe's. I am either to old to get under mine or maybe just lazy.
I had 2 05's, Sold one last year 85K miles sold it for $8,500 to a friend. Still have my Blue 05 with 39,000 miles. I keep wanting to by a new Tahoe to move up on this 05.
But still works for me.
My big mistake was selling my 99 tahoe to a buddy $4 K had 92 K miles. I tried to buy it back but he gave it to his dad in another state.

I did have my tire shop replace one of my TPMS valve stems. Still have a problem with it.
Let me know if you decide to sell Ole Blue. At 39k it's probably pretty wore out you should probably go ahead and sell. LMBO

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
You added a hitch it don’t forget there probably isn’t a trans cooler since it didn’t have a hitch, so if you’re going to much towing, you will want to add that too. I also bought one BECAUSE it didn’t have a hitch (and therefore never towed anything!), but the ***** is only used for cooler attachment or very light towing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas