My “new” 05 - updates, upgrades and service plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it located on my '05 ??
Its all located up and directly in front of your spare tire. But if your filling issues are intermittent, you probably have charcoal pellets somewhere in the lines. This is NOT an uncomon issue for GM vehicles. In fact, many would love it if GM would scrap this horribly designed system. There are plenty of YT videos of people dropping the tank and back blowing pellets from the lines. This past Sunday I disconnected the lines to the evap canister and back blew from the gas tube inlet (where you put the gas nozzle) and tons of pellets came shooting out all over the floor from the lines.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its all located up and directly in front of your spare tire. But if your filling issues are intermittent, you probably have charcoal pellets somewhere in the lines. This s NOT an uncomon issue for GM vehicles. There are plenty of YT videos of peple dropping the tank and back blowing pellets from the lines. This past Sunday I disconnected the lines to the evap canister and back blew from the gas tube inlet (where you put the gas nozzle) and tons of pellets came shooting out all over the floor from the lines.

This can be true, but don't overlook the simple things. The vent valve on mine was intermittent; these are easily tested by alternately applying 12v to the terminals and blowing through it. With no voltage applied it should be open, but closed with 12v. Some of the replacement valves have a longer hose to mount the filter higher up, away from the dust and dirt.

OP
OP

05TahoeinLA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished the bilsteins 4600 and moog springs last night. Forget the part number, but it ends in 71. Did not use the z71 springs. Just the standard ones. I like it.

Also ordered a new stereo with adaptor so the steering when controls still work.

That’ll be all for now I think.

But I’ll look at the power steering and the evap system when I get around to it.

OP
OP

05TahoeinLA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lost another set of steering wheel control button lights this morning...

Found this part number reference. Curious if anyone has good luck with non-OEM parts.

1999442 - Program/Source
21997738 - Trip/Fuel
21997739 - Driver Information display
1999443 - Seek/Volume

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost another set of steering wheel control button lights this morning...

Found this part number reference. Curious if anyone has good luck with non-OEM parts.

1999442 - Program/Source
21997738 - Trip/Fuel
21997739 - Driver Information display
1999443 - Seek/Volume
I recently purchased a full set from RockAuto.... Dorman. Not installed yet. Fingers crossed.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we get full new buttons, with new printing on them? Mine have mostly worn off - same as on my HVAC controls. I really don't want to do the 'stickers'.

I saw somewhere on here where someone did a mod and put different color LEDs in his buttons, now that would be kick-****. Would love to replace all the 'green' lighting in my dash (like the HVAC as well as the DIC) with a cool blue LED. That would r0x0r.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is to replace the Nivomats with the same to keep the vehicle stock. I found a reasonable deal and replaced those on my 2006 after I got it.

sam05

Reaction score
Deleted mine also with the 4600's, but used lowering springs in the rear.
-Tony...What lowering springs did you use. I used the Moog Z71 springs on my Denali when I removed the air ride in the back and now it sits too high in the back, but at least 2 to 3 inches more than the stock rake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low