GMC weather mats/cargo liner install ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed with all the above the GMC all weather liners are garbage. i just got my 2021 yukon XL and the mats / cargo liner came in separate. one of them came bent in the box so not it is struggling to lay flat. also my 3rd row pieces dont connect and almost dont fit in the 3rd row. i am thinking about complaining and returning them but wanted to check with anyone here about WeatherTech. i was originally going to get WeatherTeck but damn GMC sales guy got me on the day of ordering saying the GMC ones are better...my mistake listening to a sales guy.

Want to get some feedback on WeatherTech and if it is worth fighting GMC for my money back on their liners and getting the Weather Tech ones.

Newby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The GM liners fit like a glove compared to the Wathertech crap, or at least mine do.

Damn...do you have the 2021 Yukon? that is disappointing if so. I emailed Husky because currently they do not have a 3rd row or cargo liner option. the Husky rep said they are tooling for it and should be available in 6-8 weeks on their website.

Newby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I talked to Husky last week and they are within weeks of offering a true rubber based cargo area mat for Tahoe/Yukon. It is the answer and will be worth waiting for. I suspected the the GM liners we just flat lifeless pieces and have not wasted money on them yet. I’m leaning towards Lloyds mats for the passenger areas and waiting for Husky for the cargo area currently....

I chatted with Husky today and the rep said they are 6-8 weeks out from 2021 Yukon XL 3rd row and cargo liners being available on their website. they are tooling for them now.

Bob Berkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just posted this in a separate thread - thought I’d share here...I have a 21 Yukon SLT with captain chairs. Initially got the GM floor mats throughout.

GM Fronts and 2nd row are great.

3rd row GM doesn’t fit and is multiple pieces that constantly break apart. I got the WT 3rd row - a single piece that seems to be better and lines up fine with the GM 2nd row through the captains chairs.

Cargo area is my biggest issue. I’m ditching the GM mats that attached by Velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat. Didn’t stay attached despite adding extra Velcro. And “tails” that extended down caused more cargo mat slippage. I ended up ordering PrecisionFit Neoprene seat covers - just for 3rd row. Figure it will protect seat fronts from kids and back of seats from the dog. Not a cheap solution though.

The GM cargo mat was awful, slipped all over. WT is a better fit but also slides. I would like something more ‘rubbery’. Maybe the Husky mat once available?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted this in a separate thread - thought I’d share here...I have a 21 Yukon SLT with captain chairs. Initially got the GM floor mats throughout.

3rd row GM doesn’t fit and is multiple pieces that constantly break apart. I got the WT 3rd row - a single piece that seems to be better and lines up fine with the GM 2nd row through the captains chairs.

Cargo area is my biggest issue. I’m ditching the GM mats that attached by Velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat. Didn’t stay attached despite adding extra Velcro. And “tails” that extended down caused more cargo mat slippage. I ended up ordering PrecisionFit Neoprene seat covers - just for 3rd row. Figure it will protect seat fronts from kids and back of seats from the dog. Not a cheap solution though.

The GM cargo mat was awful, slipped all over. WT is a better fit but also slides. I would like something more ‘rubbery’. Maybe the Husky mat once available?

I ended up getting a Lloyds “Luxe” 1/2 thick carpet mat for behind the 3rd row. It is leak proof and good for stuff not sliding around. I then will get the Husky rubber mat for when the 3rd row is folded and I want to haul bigger “dirtier” loads like mulch etc....

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't be cheap but I am tempted to order a second cargo storage cover for the rear cargo area, and take it to an auto upholstery shop and see if they can replace the carpet with flooring that you'd find in a cargo/work van.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got used to the cargo mat slipping around but now the part that attaches to 3rd row constantly falls down. I have added Velcro strips and double sided carpet tape and no luck. I am going to try to return them. But would love a better option as replacement as I do like the ability to use same mats when 3rd row is up and down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts