GMC weather mats/cargo liner install ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

like2detail

Reaction score
I am also extremely disappointed with the mats. I love the look of the OEM carpet mats and don't care about the protection of all weather mats but the 2nd row mats will not stay put and are always stuffed up under the driver and passenger seats. So I picked up the OEM liners. I have no idea why they made them in multiple pieces. Stupid. They are always popping apart. I'm trying to epoxy the third row together now but I'm sure it's not going to work. The cargo liner is a joke. I worked for Toyota for 20+ years. 2015 Highlander had a similar cargo mat that attached to the 3rd row seat and it worked flawlessly. Never came off. Better velcro. Better overall design. No sliding pieces that would cause the mat to rip off the seat back if there happened to be weight on the cargo mat. Very disappointed overall with the floor mat choices.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I took mine out of my 2021 Tahoe High Country and returned them to my dealer for a full refund and bought a different brand. Now I’m satisfied.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the heaviest Lloyd’s lux mats, along with a husky third row liner. Sorry they’re a little dirty, but they are doing their jobs. These heavy carpet mats stay in place, are rubber backed, and very thick. Nothing moves or squirrels around. Easy shop vac to clean….098EC5F7-7068-42E4-8528-6498F37E1C1B.jpeg30CEDEDA-A951-4E0E-BD10-0A7A465D9551.jpegAC59C47F-681C-4F62-AC75-6D8F24647D06.jpegEFA73C82-2F38-4ED4-ACC8-9B5DE3810EEF.jpeg

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine out of my 2021 Tahoe High Country and returned them to my dealer for a full refund and bought a different brand. Now I’m satisfied.
Did you buy something with similar design that can be liner when third row is up and down? I am putting 3rd row up and down a lot and liked the way this worked when I first got them.

BWesley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the heaviest Lloyd’s lux mats, along with a husky third row liner. Sorry they’re a little dirty, but they are doing their jobs. These heavy carpet mats stay in place, are rubber backed, and very thick. Nothing moves or squirrels around. Easy shop vac to clean….View attachment 348113View attachment 348114View attachment 348115View attachment 348116
Does your husky liner go up and down with the 3rd row seat? I love husky mats and the GMC liner is a joke, but I have my seats going up and down All the time.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your husky liner go up and down with the 3rd row seat? I love husky mats and the GMC liner is a joke, but I have my seats going up and down All the time.
No, but my 3rd row stays down 98% of the time. I bought a 3rd row Heavy carpet mat also from Lloyds and leave it in underneath the husky.
If I think we are going to need the 3rd row { Usually always know ahead} I just chuck the Husky in the garage for the trip and we are still covered.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but my 3rd row stays down 98% of the time. I bought a 3rd row Heavy carpet mat also from Lloyds and leave it in underneath the husky.
If I think we are going to need the 3rd row { Usually always know ahead} I just chuck the Husky in the garage for the trip and we are still covered.
I stopped by the parts department at my dealer Saturday to complain about the mats. The guy working asked me if i had the interior protection applied, which I did. He said that he has seen that people with any sort of interior protection are having hard time getting Velcro to work.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the parts department at my dealer Saturday to complain about the mats. The guy working asked me if i had the interior protection applied, which I did. He said that he has seen that people with any sort of interior protection are having hard time getting Velcro to work.
That's baloney ! If I DID have the GM mats, I would put Snaps on them if it was me. I mentioned this months ago but not sure if anyone actually did it. It would solve the problem hands down....

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also extremely disappointed with the mats. I love the look of the OEM carpet mats and don't care about the protection of all weather mats but the 2nd row mats will not stay put and are always stuffed up under the driver and passenger seats. So I picked up the OEM liners. I have no idea why they made them in multiple pieces. Stupid. They are always popping apart. I'm trying to epoxy the third row together now but I'm sure it's not going to work. The cargo liner is a joke. I worked for Toyota for 20+ years. 2015 Highlander had a similar cargo mat that attached to the 3rd row seat and it worked flawlessly. Never came off. Better velcro. Better overall design. No sliding pieces that would cause the mat to rip off the seat back if there happened to be weight on the cargo mat. Very disappointed overall with the floor mat choices.
I agree! I tried glue and 3M double sided tape; no-go. So I then drilled a hole in the 3rd row mats and connected them with black zip ties. Works well, stays attached and "somewhat" blends in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01