Motor Mount Replacement Instructions/Video?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonAZ

Reaction score
Driver side is fairly easy I don't have any videos but I do motor mounts on Border Patrol tahoes once or twice a week so I can give you my advice and I'm sure others will chime in. The easiest way I have found is to jack the vehicle up and lower vehicle on to jack stands, remove the driver side tire and plastic fender liner most work will be done through the wheel well, remove the exhaust manifold heat shield or tweak it a bit for extra room, then support engine with a jack and piece of wood (under oil pan is ok), remove the short section of the steering shaft from firewall to power steering rack and then loosen the 3 bolts holding mount to frame then you can lift the motor up with the jack and have easier access to the 4 bolts holding the mount to the engine block, then wiggle the mount out through the top and reverse steps for install, all bolts should be a 15mm, you can also use a pry bar to tweak the old motor mount heat shield for more access to the bolts. Hope this helps!

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
that doesnt seem too painful, what more is involved with pass side?

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest to go with an oem mount. There's been issues with aftermarket ones. The driver's side is easy. The passenger side is PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLCKSTRM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Driver side is fairly easy I don't have any videos but I do motor mounts on Border Patrol tahoes once or twice a week so I can give you my advice and I'm sure others will chime in. The easiest way I have found is to jack the vehicle up and lower vehicle on to jack stands, remove the driver side tire and plastic fender liner most work will be done through the wheel well, remove the exhaust manifold heat shield or tweak it a bit for extra room, then support engine with a jack and piece of wood (under oil pan is ok), remove the short section of the steering shaft from firewall to power steering rack and then loosen the 3 bolts holding mount to frame then you can lift the motor up with the jack and have easier access to the 4 bolts holding the mount to the engine block, then wiggle the mount out through the top and reverse steps for install, all bolts should be a 15mm, you can also use a pry bar to tweak the old motor mount heat shield for more access to the bolts. Hope this helps!

Why doesn't anyone disassemble the mount itself? It has two nuts holding the top plate and heat shield to the rest of the mount. I took it apart and got it out - and the new one back in - with only removing the exhaust manifold heat shield and ride height sensor from the wheel well.

Also, I had to do this after an aftermarket special died after only 9 months. I'd go oem for sure here...

Denali Deen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are there any companies out that make upgraded mounts with polyurethane?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts