Most notable difference between 07 and 15 Tahoe....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more.
Different trucks I guess.
My wife has had three Tahoes in a row, and the ride and handling were all the same. Same crappy and archaic torsion bar suspension was used for years.. It still boggles my mind that GM was still using a suspension that was developed in the Stone Age for the older series "luxury" SUVS.

The New Denali is in a completely different class when it comes to ride.
If you have the magnetic ride, I would check with your dealer because something is definitely wrong.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After adjusting the Tire Pressure to where it should be, and having rear Air Ride, my truck is incredibly smooth.

Scurvey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed. The ride on these trucks is more "German" feeling than "American". Customers that have driven Audi's/BMW's, etc will recognize similarities. Its not rough, its precise. :waytogo:

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked how smooth my xl rides...but I searched out a Denali on 20's specifically...

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We run both sets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22" in the summer, and 20" in the winter.
I can't tell the difference in ride, although the 20" should absorb better.
Just incredible..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruising on a smooth highway, the truck rides nice to me. The low speed body booming is what drives me nuts. Find yourself a nice uneven or brick road and drive 15-20 mph down it. The amount of booming (vibration) that resonates into the cabin is just ridiculous. Not sure if its the way the body is mounted to the frame or what.

2015i Tahoe LT 20" Wheels with Max Trailer

Brake_L8

Reaction score
I was shocked at how poorly my rental 2015 Tahoe LT handled/rode compared to my 05 Denali. The Magneride really makes a difference. If I bought a newer one, I'd definitely want that included as an option - seems you can have it on the Tahoe LTZ and obviously Denali/Escalade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts