More Permanent solution for my Tom Tom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mount for my tom tom in each of my vehicles. The one in the RS seems to hold without a problem but the one in the denali falls off the windshield regularly.

I have used my tongue (eww) I have used glass cleaner, I have used tap water. I have cleaned the area on the windshield a nd the bottom of the suction cup.

I have my bluetooth button mounted next to the traction control plus the tom tom does not turn on with the ignition.

I want to just super glue it to the windshield :)

Does anyone have any tricks other than super gluing it to the windshield?

Thanks

Erik

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK if I put a dab of super glue in the center of the suction cup will I be able to get it off with a scraper or will I damage the window. I mean I'll eventually sell the truck...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Superglue shouldn't damage a window, might rip the suction cup up by pulling it off later and they make superglue remover or just scrap it off carefully with a razor blade!

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont use the cubby where the on star button is (like in a 2002 tahoe) you can pull the dash trim out and the onstar buttons pop out. you may need to use a dremel to cut out some of the interior dash frame and depending on the size of your GPS if its like mine, it fits right in there flush.

Photo0246-1.jpg

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont use the cubby where the on star button is (like in a 2002 tahoe) you can pull the dash trim out and the onstar buttons pop out. you may need to use a dremel to cut out some of the interior dash frame and depending on the size of your GPS if its like mine, it fits right in there flush.

Photo0246-1.jpg

Thats what I plan on doing...what dimensions is ur gps? 3.5"?

Virginia Donkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the same thing with my Garmin Nuvi. Fits perfect without cutting the the dash panel. I secured mine with a dab of RTV on each side

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a hot glue gun and put a dab on the suction cup and then stick it to the windshield. The glue from the glue gun will come off eiser than superglue...

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Photo0246-1.jpg

Hey man, what's the model number for that one? How do you enter the GPS info into it - take it out each time? More info pls!

B

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt use superglue. clean the glass and the suction cup with alcohol. i that doesnt work then try putting the sticky disc on the glass and then using the suction cup on that.

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the cubby, I have my bluetooth button there and I like the tom tom up by the rear view, plus the tom tom does not turn on with the ignition, something I hate about it. I do have it hard wired there though. Someone suggested vaseline instead of water to help it stick better but it is almost like the windshield is shaped different. I will try the alcohol. should I wet the suction cup with the alcohol or just clean the surfaces?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove