Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

richyr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Switched plugs between cylinder 2 and. Cylinder 4 and now I have p0300 multiple misfire instead of the p0304 cylinder 4 .and showing fault on both fuel banks

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switched plugs between cylinder 2 and. Cylinder 4 and now I have p0300 multiple misfire instead of the p0304 cylinder 4 .and showing fault on both fuel banks

I thought you said they all tested good?, I ran into this issue before had to shot-gun it, new plugs, new wires, new coils, intake gasket, (did knock sensors while in there), new maf. problem solved.

OP
OP
R

richyr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought you said they all tested good?, I ran into this issue before had to shot-gun it, new plugs, new wires, new coils, intake gasket, (did knock sensors while in there), new maf. problem solved.
When you put timing light on each spark plug wire shows all of them firing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you put timing light on each spark plug wire shows all of them firing

Perhaps but that doesn't mean they are "good" they could be just plain worn out, I can put a screw driver near a plug and get a spark, doesn't even have to touch it

07Tahoe76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Tahoe LTZ just had a misfire on cylinder 7, got that fixed now engine is shaking again at idle, no check engine light yet like the first time. What could it be? Also traction control and brake light are on simultaneously. Please help

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
07 Tahoe LTZ just had a misfire on cylinder 7, got that fixed now engine is shaking again at idle, no check engine light yet like the first time. What could it be? Also traction control and brake light are on simultaneously. Please help

When you say "got that fixed"... what exactly got fixed???... plug, wire, coil pack, fuel injector, AFM lifter???

The TC and ST lights will come on any time you have a misfire.

A scan tool like the Tech2 or even a bluetooth OBD2 scanner with the Torque Pro app would be very helpful as you can look at real time data to determine the cause of the misfire.

Fischer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a Chevy 2007 Tahoe few days ago and first it showed multiple misfires. I cleared the DTC codes and now it's showing the 4th cylinder misfire. Motor even outs at higher rpm but runs rough and shakes at idle.any idea or common problem known to be with this year. Was told a crankshaft sensor could cause it but my experience says do a complete tune up . wires plugs and possibly coil packets.Any ideas or past experience?

Man I had a misfire check engine light came on cleaned up my mass air flow sensor drove around for awhile light went out everything's been great since

07Tahoe76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you say "got that fixed"... what exactly got fixed???... plug, wire, coil pack, fuel injector, AFM lifter???

The TC and ST lights will come on any time you have a misfire.

A scan tool like the Tech2 or even a bluetooth OBD2 scanner with the Torque Pro app would be very helpful as you can look at real time data to determine the cause of the misfire.
Only the Spark plugs and wires were replaced....where do I get the tech 2 and or scanner?