Misfire problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy the 3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got an 03 Denali xl that is giving me misfire problems. Changed the plugs and wires before I had my buddy hook it up to his readers. Cheap reader gives P0300(random misfire) and P1380(misfires repeated) codes. His other reader is a little bit more in depth. Shows all the cylinders misfires. This cant be all the coils CAN IT? It's got to be further in then the coils right? Any input helps thanks

2018102095120844.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clogged cats would do this, how high your miles?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possible intake leak, try to do a leak test, spray some starter fluid or something volatile along the edges of the intake and see if the idle changes

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also got the p0300 code on mine and was going to change plugs on it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Things to check in no particular order:

Vacuum leak

Bad MAF

Low fuel pressure - pressure regulator, filter, or pump

Worn cam

Skipped timing

Worn timing chain

EGR issues

Poor fuel quality

A horrifically clogged air filter

Bad plug gap. You did gap them right?

Bad ground(s)

Exhaust issues

OP
OP
J

Jeremy the 3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also: I see it's -39 degrees where you are. If you have a flex fuel vehicle, e85 doesn't do well in the cold
The -39 was because I forgot to plug the radiator temp sensor back in. plugs are new and pre gaped as well as the MAF 6 months ago. It has 175K on it. Was also told the fuel filter or pump. How do I check the fuel pressure?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine coolant temp sensor can royally skew A LOT! The sensor can even keep a truck from starting. If the computer thinks it’s that cold outside it’s going to dump fuel to that engine to compensate. You need ALL sensors plugged in for proper data.