Misfire on dod cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjbmacon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys I’m fooling with a truck the guy says he deleted dod but he didn’t program it out of the computer. Now it has misfires on those cylinders. Can it be misfiring bc the solenoids are not being detected. Causing it to shut down those coils and injectors?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I’m fooling with a truck the guy says he deleted dod but he didn’t program it out of the computer. Now it has misfires on those cylinders. Can it be misfiring bc the solenoids are not being detected. Causing it to shut down those coils and injectors?
What all did he do when he “deleted dod”?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If he didn't remove AFM from the programming, it's gonna have misfires and all kinds of DTCs.

We know of at least one thing he didn't do. As @wjburken asked, what all did he do?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you driving or working on?

If this were in my driveway, I'd first drive it around in manual mode so that AFM is not active and see if the misfires go away. Then I'd with BlackBear to tune it as I have no idea what kind of camshaft is in it.

The VLOM under the black plastic intake manifold ought to have been changed for the delete, but often is not. I ought to be smooth and not lumpy.

Ask for receipts or details on what parts were used.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you driving or working on?

If this were in my driveway, I'd first drive it around in manual mode so that AFM is not active and see if the misfires go away. Then I'd with BlackBear to tune it as I have no idea what kind of camshaft is in it.

The VLOM under the black plastic intake manifold ought to have been changed for the delete, but often is not. I ought to be smooth and not lumpy.

Ask for receipts or details on what parts were used.

Manual Mode - Gear 5

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until AFM/DOD is tuned out, I am fairly certain that the vehicle will need to "see" the old VLOM or it will give you problems, regardless of being in M5 or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019