Minor performance mods help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
Out of those two, I'd go with the Docooler. Add one of these to it:

616KasF76VL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

You set it on top of that round plate with the holes in it.

Yup.
Will do this by end of month + 2inch level in front. Ill do muffler later. Might cost me like <200 I hope. Waiting for pay day.

BTW which leveling should I do. The shock spacer that goes on top of the shock absorber or the one that goes below shaped like a C.

TY

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW which leveling should I do. The shock spacer that goes on top of the shock absorber or the one that goes below shaped like a C.

TY

Both accomplish the same thing by the same means. The one that goes at the bottom, between the lower control arm and strut crossbar is cheaper and easier to install. I did mine in about an hour. There are resin ("plastic") ones and billet aluminum. I've never heard of the plastic ones failing, but I felt better about the billet aluminum. I got a cheap set off ebay or Amazon for around $20 and grade 8 bolts from the hardware store cuz I didn't care for the cheap-looking "grade 5" bolts that came with them. It's just a chunk of aluminum- the expensive big name versions are all the same, just with their company logo engraved into them. Measure your Tahoe first to determine what lift you need to level it. They're available in 1", 1.5", 1.75", 2" and 2.5". Personally, I wouldn't go over a 2.5" with this type of spacer lift.

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
Both accomplish the same thing by the same means. The one that goes at the bottom, between the lower control arm and strut crossbar is cheaper and easier to install. I did mine in about an hour. There are resin ("plastic") ones and billet aluminum. I've never heard of the plastic ones failing, but I felt better about the billet aluminum. I got a cheap set off ebay or Amazon for around $20 and grade 8 bolts from the hardware store cuz I didn't care for the cheap-looking "grade 5" bolts that came with them. It's just a chunk of aluminum- the expensive big name versions are all the same, just with their company logo engraved into them. Measure your Tahoe first to determine what lift you need to level it. They're available in 1", 1.5", 1.75", 2" and 2.5". Personally, I wouldn't go over a 2.5" with this type of spacer lift.

Think ill go for the 2'' lift. and remove the lip below the bumper.

TY for ur advice. Im getting so much help from you.

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score

The lifting shop said I have 2 options guys @gooffeyguy

1. Get a spacer lift front (spacer made of teflon) price - 137$
2. Get a coil spring lift (all around) price - 273$
Both include fixing charges

Any advice on what I should get.

TY

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lifting shop said I have 2 options guys @gooffeyguy

1. Get a spacer lift front (spacer made of teflon) price - 137$
2. Get a coil spring lift (all around) price - 273$
Both include fixing charges

Any advice on what I should get.

TY

So those are spacers for a front and rear lift?
I assume that's UAE dollars? If so, that's a great deal including labor!

OP
OP
Sandaman

Sandaman

Reaction score
So those are spacers for a front and rear lift?
I assume that's UAE dollars? If so, that's a great deal including labor!

I converted the price to American dollars. haha

Just lift in front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65