Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. I think it depends on the American consumer. I have always factory ordered my cars even back in the day, but if the average consumer wants to see and feel the vehicle before buying, then they're going to gravitate towards the brand that will have more dealer inventory.

But profit is also made on parts and service as well as the sale of the vehicle. If a manufacturer wants to adopt a lean model and keep very low inventory, they may have to accept declining market share compared to a competitor that is willing to carry more dealer inventory. That declining market share translates into less parts and service revenue later on.

In the short term, it appears to be profitable. But over the long run, will that manufacturer get squeezed out of the segment by decreasing sales? I don't know.
I've ordered a couple of cars several years ago because the dealer insisted on it. Never took delivery. Being able to visit a dealer and drive off in an in stock vehicle is great but it's tough finding the exact color combo and options you're looking for. Never having to step foot in the dealer and having the car brought to me would be great. But if manufactures moved to an order only system and could have the car delivered in 30-45 days, I wouldn't mind it. 6 months to a year is unbearable. Finances change, needs change, children are born, etc.

alv133

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from their dealer that their GM rep is saying all of these vehicles that are sitting and we are waiting on are expected to be shipped out to dealerships by the end of September? I'm waiting on a Yukon Denali that's been in Midlothian for MONTHS and there has been no movement. There are 3 yukons at my current dealership, 2 SLT's and one Black Denali, that I could take today. I'm between the SLT, which is a retrofit for heated seats and is manual 2nd and 3rd row seats. I really don't want to go with the black Denali due to where I live and it would never look clean. Not sure if I should suck it up and keep waiting with fingers crossed that it comes in a month, or suck it up and downgrade for something because i'm sick of playing this game since February......

rws1987

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from their dealer that their GM rep is saying all of these vehicles that are sitting and we are waiting on are expected to be shipped out to dealerships by the end of September? I'm waiting on a Yukon Denali that's been in Midlothian for MONTHS and there has been no movement. There are 3 yukons at my current dealership, 2 SLT's and one Black Denali, that I could take today. I'm between the SLT, which is a retrofit for heated seats and is manual 2nd and 3rd row seats. I really don't want to go with the black Denali due to where I live and it would never look clean. Not sure if I should suck it up and keep waiting with fingers crossed that it comes in a month, or suck it up and downgrade for something because i'm sick of playing this game since February......
I sure hope you are right. I haven’t heard this, but I ordered 12/16/21, and has been built and sitting in midlothian since 6/2/22. 8 months :-(

Acey

Reaction score
Well I was thinking told by GM today that my 2023 Tahoe which was built 2 weeks ago has been shipped from Arlington to Grand Prairie and now as of today back in Arlington with no eta and waiting to be shipped to dealer

Billiebruce311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had zero luck with GM reps and am so aggravated!! My rep has only “escalated my case to logistics” and my dealer Has the most current and up to date information on my order. :rolleyes: There hasn’t been any movement or update in months. Still no window sticker.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
I have had zero luck with GM reps and am so aggravated!! My rep has only “escalated my case to logistics” and my dealer Has the most current and up to date information on my order. :rolleyes: There hasn’t been any movement or update in months. Still no window sticker.
Same here, I just checked with my up to date dealer lol. I got stupid excited back in June when it shipped back to Arlington, for it to only sit.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-120133_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-120133_Messages.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 11

cjlewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Billiebruce311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wonder if this is related to the strategy of building higher end models, but less overall. Clearly they make more $$ on the high end vehicles (build one Denali vs two base models and make the same or more profit). Building less, but higher end...makes chips available for the back log.
I have a denali sitting in that mess :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Park60