Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdgarland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the same boat! Yukon XL SLT built on 5/13 and moved to Midlothian on 5/14. Also a VIN of 299###. Yesterday GMC Chat told me I was now at code 4200 instead of 4300 but still no window sticker and nothing on VIN VIew according to the dealer. Who knows!!

Crash51730

Reaction score
@ADodd593 - I'm with you - Produced on 5/13 and went to 4300 and Midlothian. VIN also ends in 29xxxx. No window sticker. Dealer says shipping is the hold up, not parts. I'm seeing cars at 30xxxx, 31xxxx, 32xxxx - with ETA ship dates. Ugh.
It goes to show you how random this whole situation truly is. My TPW was 5/9 but I am pretty sure my unit got built sometime the week before because it was on my dealers lot on 5/11 and there for 3 days before the dealer knew it was there. It was just like yours, Yukon XL 3.0 SLT VIN 29xxxx.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
My executive update today was my vehicle hasn’t moved. This is such crap. There will be ‘23’s on the road before I get my fkn ‘22. Sorry for the incognito curse but I’m so over this crap.
Dealer said the same thing to me today. Has a few XLs in transit built well after ours. Unfortunately not what I'm looking for.

Let's cross our fingers

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our weekly email update from chevy.com chat was worded a bit differently this week. I am trying to not get too hopeful, what are everyone's thoughts?
Your vehicle has been produced. At this time, we do not have an update for shipping. Your dealership has the tools available to see when the shipping status has been updated. I would still strongly suggest getting in touch with your selling dealership as they are typically notified 48 hours in advance of a delivery pending at their location. Please be confident that the right people are taking the right steps to ensure you receive only the highest quality product.

It usually says
Congratulations on your new vehicle! You must be very excited. Chevrolet is working hard to fulfill your order and ensure you receive only the highest quality product. Your vehicle has been produced. We are still awaiting a shipping update. GM audits all production vehicles to insure the absolute best quality prior to shipment. If issues are identified they are corrected prior to shipment. Delays can be extended based on potential material and labor availability.

esbrittain

Reaction score
Our weekly email update from chevy.com chat was worded a bit differently this week. I am trying to not get too hopeful, what are everyone's thoughts?
Your vehicle has been produced. At this time, we do not have an update for shipping. Your dealership has the tools available to see when the shipping status has been updated. I would still strongly suggest getting in touch with your selling dealership as they are typically notified 48 hours in advance of a delivery pending at their location. Please be confident that the right people are taking the right steps to ensure you receive only the highest quality product.

It usually says
Congratulations on your new vehicle! You must be very excited. Chevrolet is working hard to fulfill your order and ensure you receive only the highest quality product. Your vehicle has been produced. We are still awaiting a shipping update. GM audits all production vehicles to insure the absolute best quality prior to shipment. If issues are identified they are corrected prior to shipment. Delays can be extended based on potential material and labor availability.
I think they're telling you to leave them alone and bug your dealership instead. That's the vibe I get every time I ask about mine. Maybe I'm wrong though and it means something has changed!

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think they're telling you to leave them alone and bug your dealership instead. That's the vibe I get every time I ask about mine. Maybe I'm wrong though and it means something has changed!
That was my thought too but it's a weekly email they send automatically.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Do all Tahoes and Yukons get shipped to Midlothian after being built for quality control before being shipped to the dealership or is Midlothian only for issues like missing parts etc during production?

Was wondering if Midlothian was also a normal shipping hub and not necessarily always an everlasting hellish purgatory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257

Latest posts