Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also heard Kerr industries across the road puts chips and parts on vehicles for GM.
Yeah, I read that too. But could the system be really f’up enough for trucks to be sent there when the parts aren’t ready? Or to be shipped back to Midlothian after the parts are added?

I’m with you that news like Kate got doesn’t necessarily mean she will get her rig tomorrow regardless of if its at Kerr or the JC lot… But I would think it does mean it wont be December.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
Yeah, I read that too. But could the system be really f’up enough for trucks to be sent there when the parts aren’t ready? Or to be shipped back to Midlothian after the parts are added?

I’m with you that news like Kate got doesn’t necessarily mean she will get her rig tomorrow regardless of if its at Kerr or the JC lot… But I would think it does mean it wont be December.
It's hard to know what's actually going on, with all these different rumors and inconsistencies.

I know with Ford, you get emails along the way. It would be nice if GM could do the same, or even attempt to keep us in the loop.

Even though my car is in Arlington, I'm trying not to get excited, as I'm sure disappointments await

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean the exec team tried telling me they were the end-all-be-all to get me my car and they didn’t even know mine was finally out of Midlothian. SMH.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
I mean the exec team tried telling me they were the end-all-be-all to get me my car and they didn’t even know mine was finally out of Midlothian. SMH.
Not only that, but sometimes the car shows up on vinview as being in Midlothian/Arlington and it's actually at the dealer....

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only that, but sometimes the car shows up on vinview as being in Midlothian/Arlington and it's actually at the dealer....

Oh! Haven't heard that one, from what I was told VinView was the most accurate tracking of the vehicle, but I'll take it. My salesman is guessing mine might show up around 07/07.

I just noticed that a few of the Yukons I was tracking on my spreadsheet that hadn't been moved out of Midlothian as of 06/08, were mostly VINs with the last 8-digits NR27XXXX, a few with NR24,25,26...

1656332092386.png

xanixz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh! Haven't heard that one, from what I was told VinView was the most accurate tracking of the vehicle, but I'll take it. My salesman is guessing mine might show up around 07/07.

I just noticed that a few of the Yukons I was tracking on my spreadsheet that hadn't been moved out of Midlothian as of 06/08, were mostly VINs with the last 8-digits NR27XXXX, a few with NR24,25,26...

View attachment 373916
Hi Kate,
Mind if I ask how you’ve been getting updates for all of these vehicles?

Maxbubalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem is that this is not helpful…I am sure we all have the same questions:

-If I am not told mine is on that list: Did the director at my dealership hold it back from my salesman? Is my salesman holding it from me to keep me stringed on? (My saleswoman says she never heard of such a list)

-If I am on that list: How long will the wait be? Were the ones on this forum finally getting movement in the last few weeks on that list without knowing and were lucky to be in the first to go? FOMO if I tap out…maybe my turn will come this week, or next?

Add to that there are very little indications of the timelines for 2023’s…and when/if we start seeing a clearer picture on allocations, how that will play out. Same thing for the usual other options… except for Wagoneers which have some stock on the lots (very little variety for packages and options from what I see… and I worry I’ll be stuck with a 22’ considering the change of engines coming soon - not to mention gas prices/the economy).

I wonder if those of us who got the ‘find alternatives’ message from the executive resolution team in the last few weeks got it because we were on there.
Agreed. What ****** me off is everyone (GM Chat, Exec Team, Dealer) has been telling me for almost 3 months now the vehicle is produced it’s just waiting on shipping. I gave a deposit for a “in transit” vehicle. Now all of a sudden it’s not complete??

I asked my sales guy, “if this takes another few months, you’re going to be selling 23’s so why not just order one of those or will there be some kind of discount provided for my 22?”

He ignored my discount question and just said, “We don’t think we will have any 23’s by then either.”

I don’t believe that.

ryanc14x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered RST with luxury and max tow on 2/8 - TPW 5/30. Built and bayed on 6/3, moved to rail car on 6/6. Currently in transit (in St. Louis as of last night) on its way to Michigan. Supposed to take delivery by 6/20.
So there is hope just have to stay patient.
**Update** Delivered to dealer on 6/24 and taking delivery this afternoon.

Keg0brew

Reaction score
Uggg.

Appreciate the additional info, but every time I see one of these get delivered I get more and more pissed off.

It feels like I was at the front of the line at the DMV, then they just magically decided to start letting the end of the line go first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518