Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prestex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spoke to GM Chat today and looks like they are increasing transparency in what is going on with our orders. I included a screenshot of the response that I got from the rep in the chat. Background: 2022 Z71 Tahoe built 4/13 Luxury Package/Sunroof with Captains Chairs in the second row.

Attachments

• 1655932852761.png
    1655932852761.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1655932860465.png
    1655932860465.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I track my yukon? I've looked can't seem to figure it out.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I track my yukon? I've looked can't seem to figure it out.
You cannot; all tracking tools have been eliminated. The only way to know where your vehicle is is by asking your dealership.

mep0716

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I was told today by my dealer (who I like very much and is frustrated just like the rest of us!) that all she can see is that it's being held in Midlothian due to "Missing Part." My TPW was 5/9 and it hit 4300 on 5/13. I had assumed it was shipping because that's the vibe I was getting from the chat, but she confirmed missing part. It seems that there is a pattern with anything built between 4/1 and 5/15 .... this was a Tahoe. And @kate_t - so excited for you - keeping my fingers crossed!

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me in the “vehicles waiting for parts” or something and TPW 5/16. Seems pretty random overall though which vehicles make it to the dealerships and which ones are stuck waiting for QC/parts/whatever it is.

IMO its plausible that what’s happening is GM gets chips/parts maybe daily or every few days, once they run out them keep making the vehicles (need to keep they conveyor belt going after all) and those vehicles are the ones headed to Mid for retrofit later. It seems a deliberate choice to “skip” certain vehicles and build more new ones as opposed to using the parts to finish the ones that already built. I could be wrong of course but it all seems like calculated moves to try and “spread the damage” versus ******* off a bunch of customers/dealers at once and deal with an even bigger backlog. Just sucks for us who drew the short end of the deal and our vehicles the ones that got produced later in the week/day when the parts had run out and needing to wait for retrofit.

Only somewhat logical explanation I can think of so far but really sucks GM isn’t being transparent with us, which is somewhat understandable from a business POV but complete crap customer experience.

Crash51730

Reaction score
Well, I was told today by my dealer (who I like very much and is frustrated just like the rest of us!) that all she can see is that it's being held in Midlothian due to "Missing Part." My TPW was 5/9 and it hit 4300 on 5/13. I had assumed it was shipping because that's the vibe I was getting from the chat, but she confirmed missing part. It seems that there is a pattern with anything built between 4/1 and 5/15 .... this was a Tahoe. And @kate_t - so excited for you - keeping my fingers crossed!
Your TPW was the same as mine although mine slipped through a few days sooner and actually hit the dealer lot on 5/9. I think Tinbadtin is right a couple posts down. The line always keeps running. If the parts are there, trucks get completed. If not, they go to Midlothian. Simple as that. When an abundance of parts comes in it keeps the line moving, and doesn’t necessarily get allocated to the ones in the yard.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Count me in the “vehicles waiting for parts” or something and TPW 5/16. Seems pretty random overall though which vehicles make it to the dealerships and which ones are stuck waiting for QC/parts/whatever it is.

IMO its plausible that what’s happening is GM gets chips/parts maybe daily or every few days, once they run out them keep making the vehicles (need to keep they conveyor belt going after all) and those vehicles are the ones headed to Mid for retrofit later. It seems a deliberate choice to “skip” certain vehicles and build more new ones as opposed to using the parts to finish the ones that already built. I could be wrong of course but it all seems like calculated moves to try and “spread the damage” versus ******* off a bunch of customers/dealers at once and deal with an even bigger backlog. Just sucks for us who drew the short end of the deal and our vehicles the ones that got produced later in the week/day when the parts had run out and needing to wait for retrofit.

Only somewhat logical explanation I can think of so far but really sucks GM isn’t being transparent with us, which is somewhat understandable from a business POV but complete crap customer experience.
I actually tracked a few other cars that had a higher VIN than mine that were built on the same day (6/15), one of which was even identical to my car, and those cars have been shipped with ETA's of 7/6. And they never had the privilege of visiting purgatory/Midlothian.