Mcgaughys vs Belltech lowering kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never had belltech products on any of my rides, but i will vouch for mcgaughy's.... no complaints here.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
people will go back and fourth on this. Mcgaughys always talks about angles off balljoints and dealing with both mcgaughys and belltech at the same time years ago I never had issues with the belltechs with balljoint angles BUTT turning radius with mcgaughys they dont talk about and you lose a lot of it which really the customers did not like at all. I had to grind literally on the bottom of the spindle to get turning radius back and then mcgaughys told me no more warranty due to modifying to get turning radius back.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
people will go back and fourth on this. Mcgaughys always talks about angles off balljoints and dealing with both mcgaughys and belltech at the same time years ago I never had issues with the belltechs with balljoint angles BUTT turning radius with mcgaughys they dont talk about and you lose a lot of it which really the customers did not like at all. I had to grind literally on the bottom of the spindle to get turning radius back and then mcgaughys told me no more warranty due to modifying to get turning radius back.
No you do not lose a lot of it. Plenty of people (including me) can testify to that.:boxed: The lost radius is barely even noticeable.
And yes the McG spindles do have better geometry than the Belltech spindles. With the Belltech spindles, one cannot get much more drop from torsion bars or struts w/o alignment issues since the Bells are so tall.

For what it is worth to others, asking for input on any brand vs. Belltech/DJM products to Tony is like asking Walmart how their Great Value generic line measures up to name brand products.
What do you really expect them to say?:sleepy10:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No you do not lose a lot of it. Plenty of people (including me) can testify to that.:boxed: The lost radius is barely even noticeable.
And yes the McG spindles do have better geometry than the Belltech spindles. With the Belltech spindles, one cannot get much more drop from torsion bars or struts w/o alignment issues since the Bells are so tall.

For what it is worth to others, asking for input on any brand vs. Belltech/DJM products to Tony is like asking Walmart how their Great Value generic line measures up to name brand products.
What do you really expect them to say?:sleepy10:

i did 2.75 aligned fine and put up the sheets when i aligned my own truck. best of all many guys in this section used the belltech kit and decranked keys and aligned fine and better turning radius also 00-06 trucks you really notice it.

Im glad you think of me like that I will still be here helping people with my "generic" service

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401