McGaughy's Spindles - LH Ball joint doesn't fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tablakhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, I'll make this simple. I searched and couldn't find any one with this problem and I haven't done one of these installs previously so I'm not sure what the deal is...

Bought a set of used McGaughy's 2" spindles off my buddy, checked with multiple vendors and they all said they are the correct spindles... This morning I tore apart the driver's side, got the spindle up there and the upper balljoint doesn't fit all the way into the spindle, the hole just isn't big enough (sounds bad, I know)

So, do I not have factory balljoints? Is there a spacer or something that goes in there? Or is this not the correct spindle for an '07 4WD Tahoe?

Here's a pic with the balljoint nut 100% tightened, spindle is the McGaughy's L:H2007:
temp.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have heard of this issue. Looks like you got the older McG spindles that are not black powdercoated. When I did mine (over tow years ago) I got the new ones. In black that model, the issue with the top ball joint appearing not to fit was resolved.
I am guessing you bought a used kit due to the rust and because the new model came out a long time ago (late 09). Either way, from what I have read, that whole spacing issue does not affect anything. So basically, you're good to go.
By the way, new and old model NNBS spindles have the same part number.

OP
OP
tablakhoe

tablakhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Modded. The taper did look correct, just haven't seen that on the 50+ trucks/cars I've lowered. The one thing I don't have is a nut that will fit in the recessed holed for that upper. Seems like I don't need it but I don't like playing around with balljoints, I've been down the busted ball joint road once before and ended up replacing an 18" Budnik because of it.

I'll have to see if I can find some top locking nuts or something since there isn't a way to use a castle nut on them. Not a big deal, I'm gonna order some brakes and then I'll tear it back apart and do it all at once, didn't realize the inside of my rotors were trashed until I tore it apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n