Master Cylinder reservoir swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deformed the reservoir while getting carried away trying to get the Motive to seal. Have a MC with a good one that has to be returned.

Will I have issues if I pull the good one off and put it on the other MC body that is installed in the truck?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deformed the reservoir while getting carried away trying to get the Motive to seal. Have a MC with a good one that has to be returned.

Will I have issues if I pull the good one off and put it on the other MC body that is installed in the truck?
I doubt they would notice or care.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they would notice or care.
I've never pulled one off and don't want it to leak if I do. I DGAF what autozone thinks ;)

Does it just pop on and off in the seals?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never pulled one off and don't want it to leak if I do. I DGAF what autozone thinks ;)

Does it just pop on and off in the seals?
Sorry, wasn’t tracking with you.

You can swap the reservoirs, but will need to support your master cylinder when you press the new one into it. My manual says to do it with the reservoir upside down on a table and press the master cylinder into it.

image.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most ive ever gotten from autozone or advance auto was a 2 second open box glance close box. ive only ever changed 2 reservoirs on vehicles. first one i had a hell of a time getting it on. second one was similar to that repair manual screen shot. i had a smooth block of wood under it tho. goes in easier if you have something pushing directly against the ports. its plastic so it will try to ned and flex on you so if you have a block of wood or sockets to push again the port holes it wont flex as much.

MeHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I mine from the old style to the newer bigger ones. You can actually see the fuild and looks better. I got one from the junk yard off a 2005 chevy Yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts